Sunday, March 11, 2018

Let's Shellabrate


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I have another pop-up card I created recently using Karen Burniston's Cupcake Pop-up Card die set. I have been using this die a lot lately as a generic die to pop up my stamped and die cut images. 


This card started by playing with the Hero Arts Deco Pattern Stencil which I used to sponge two colors of pink Distress Oxides onto. This pattern although not a shell almost looks like one so I decided to use it with this cute mermaid from The Greeting Farm. 

To hide the cupcake pop-up I used the shell from the Honey Bee Stamps Seashell Card die set which I colored again using Distress Oxides in various shades of pink and the decorative overlay was die cut in white and then embossed using Silver Pearl Embossing Powder.

I added a couple of sentiments from the Honey Bee Stamps Mermaid Song Stamp set.

 

The decorative trim between the pink cardstock and the stencil panel is from Karen Burniston's Cake Trims die set and then Nuvo Drops were added to the upswing portions of the trim.


I repeated many of the elements I used on the inside of the card on the outside. The sentiment is stamped using Distress Oxide ink and then embossed using Silver Pearl Embossing Powder.


Supplies:




Stamps:  Trishell - The Greeting Farm; Mermaid Song - Honey Bee Stamps
Paper: White; Pale Pink; Bright Pink
Dies: Cupcake Pop-up Card; Cake Trims - Karen Burniston;  Seashell Card - Honey Bee Stamps; Dashing Squares - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Tattered Rose Distress Oxide; Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide; Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide; Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide; VersaMark Ink;  Silver Pearl Embossing Powder; Hero Arts Deco Pattern Stencil; Nuvo Bubblegum Blush Gloss Crystal Drops; Nuvo Carnation Pink Gloss Crystal Drops; Foam Tape; Copics

2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

This card is perfect - everything works SO well together.

jojot said...

I really thought I had commented on this before....must have forgot to hit the puvlish button.....LOVE this....and that sentiment is fabulous