Thursday, May 9, 2013

Let’s Celebrate

CCEE1319-CAS-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week our May challenge hostess Shirley Quarry, continues to bring us a fun challenge.

For our challenge this week Shirley has given us to make a CAS card with scraps.

Hope this is a CAS card … I had started to make another card which got way out of control, so I decided to use that for something else and try something else. I used scraps of designer paper which I cut down to various widths … 1/2 cm; 1 cm; 1.5cm and then attached them to the card on an angle. This would also be great using washi tape which I didn’t use seeing washi tape isn’t scraps … so I will have to make another one soon using washi tape instead.

The sentiment in the centre of the card is from My Favorite Things Birthday Sentiments stamp set. The base of my card is Sweet Tooth cardstock and the layered piece is Paver Red cardstock.

CCEE1319-CAS2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. I added a few more strips of designer paper along the bottom half of my card and then stamped the sentiment at the top part. The sentiment is also from the My Favorite Things Birthday Sentiments stamp set.

Here are the MFT Products I used on my card today:

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Birthday Sentiments – MFT Stamps
Paper: Sweet Tooth (MFT); Paver Red (MFT); Remember Me DP – Kaisercraft
Other: Black Licorice Ink (MFT); Brilliance Cooper Crimson Ink; Pearls; Foam Tape

 

#aa-owl-signature

8 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Outside and inside....a delightful card, Frances!

Lois said...

I like your scraps -- put to good use!

Benzi said...

Very cool CAS card, Frances. My first thought was Washi. Scraps or Washi, it's great.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

gorgeous colors, inside and out!

Kathy Bradley said...

Frances,
Very pretty - I love all of the scraps you selected!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

washi tape is so "IN", just very pretty..and Me too I am fan of owls...see by buddy icon and my banner at my blog has one ...too
ok thanks for all th info in all these challenges
bibiana

Sabrina said...

I can see that it would work wonderfully with washi tape (and you wouldn't need to get the glue or tape out), but I must say it looks fantastic in your paper scraps too. The colours and design make for a great masculine card.

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab CAS and wonderful use of scraps