Friday, May 3, 2013

Chicken Wire … MFTeaser Day 3

MFT-ChickenWireHello-wm

Hi everyone,

Welcome to day 2 of the MFTeasers in preparation of the release of the new stamp sets which are all due to be released by MFT Stamps this month. The new products will be available on Tuesday 7th May at 10 PM in the MFT Boutique.

Today I am  featuring the new Die-namics Chicken Wire. I am loving this new addition to the Die-namics line up there are just so many things you can do with it. Today I have two cards to share with you using it.

For my first card I used the Die-namics Chicken Wire to create a scene …. inside the chicken coop looking out Smile.

To create my scene I started with Sno Cone cardstock I then added grass using Factory Green cardstock and Die-namics Grassy Edges and sponging with Factory Green ink. The clouds were created using Smooth White cardstock and Die-namics Cloud Trio and sponged with Sno Cone ink.

Next I added the Die-namics Chicken Wire panel which was die cut using Steel Blue card.

I then added the PI  Girl, Hens and chickens which are from the Pure Innocence Farmer Girl stamp set.

At the top left hand corner I added one of the “Hello” sentiments from the Die-namics Happy Hellos set cut from Red Hot cardstock.

This was then all layered onto Factory Green cardstock and Kraft cardstock.

MFT-ChickenWireHello2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. To create the haystack I first stamped the single hay bale at the very top of the stack and masked this and then stamped the two underneath … masked these and finally the three at the bottom. I also added a Hen to the top of my haystack. The hay bale is also included in the Pure Innocence Farmer Girl stamp set. The sentiment was stamped using Steel Blue ink.

Stamps: Pure Innocence Farmer Girl – MFT Stamps
Paper: Smooth White card; Sno Cone Card; Steel Blue Card; Factory Green Card; Red Hot Card; Kraft Card – MFT Stamps
Die-namics: Chicken Wire; Happy Hellos; Cloud Trio; Grassy Edges – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Sno Cone Ink (MFT); Steel Blue Ink (MFT); Factory Green Ink (MFT);

MFTChickenWireNote-wm

For my second card today I started with Steel Blue card to create a top folding card. I then used one of the backgrounds from the Mona Pendleton Design Distressed Background Blocks and Steel Blue ink to create the background on my card.

To create window I used the rounded tag from the Die-namics Blueprints 3 set. I then die cut the chicken wire also from Steel Blue card and adhered this to the back of the window. I cut another steel blue card the same size as the front panel and also cut a window in this and placed this on the inside covering the chicken wire to hide the chicken wire around the edges.

MFTChickenWireNote2-wm

The flowers are from the Lisa Johnson Design Peaceful Wildflowers stamp set and the Lisa Johnson Design Wildflowers Die-namics, these were stamped using Steel Blue ink and Red Hot ink. The flowers were tied at the bottom of the stems using a Steel Blue Button and Hemp Cord.

The sentiment on the lower right hand side is stamped onto a tag from the Die-namics Blueprints 3 set and Smooth White cardstock and stamped using Steel Blue ink.

MFTChickenWireNote3-wm

On the inside of my card I stamped the wildflowers using Steel Blue ink onto Smooth White card so that  they can be seen through the window on the front of the card.

I added two ribbons which are from the Die-namics Blueprints 3 set from Steel Blue cardstock. I added the sentiment to the lower ribbon using Steel Blue ink.

Stamps: Mona Pendleton Design Distressed Background Blocks; Lisa Johnson Design Peaceful Wildflowers – MFT Stamps
Paper: Smooth White card; Steel Blue Card – MFT Stamps
Die-namics: Chicken Wire; Blueprints 3; LJD Wildflowers – MFT Stamps
Other: Steel Blue Ink (MFT); Red Hot Ink (MFT); Steel Blue Button (MFT); Hemp Cord (MFT)

Here are the MFT products that I used on my projects today. Please note that the links to any of the new release products won’t work until they are released by MFT Stamps on the 7th May.

TeaserTime_FullSize

Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog to see what the rest of the team has stamped for this release.  You'll also read about some HUGE prizes being given away this week during Teaser Time that you won't want to miss.  ;)  Go read all the details HERE.

#aa-owl-signature

26 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Love the sweet PI girl with her little farm animals Frances! Such a creative window scene! I'd love to give that a try! Thanks for inspiring!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Both adorable and so beautiful.

Gypsy 2 said...

Fabulous cards as always Frances.The second card is simply stunning!

Cindi said...

Gorgeous cards! The first one is so adorable with the PI girl and chicken wire combined and your second card is so elegant.

stampingbowd said...

Beautiful card! Love this scene with the chicken wire!!!! Wonderful Idea to use the chicken wire in with a window front! Awesome!

wendy said...

EEK love the new PI...and beautiful flower card, great colors

Unknown said...

sooo loving the Farmer girl with this release - to stinkin cute!! Great card inside and out.

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

These cards are awesome; I just LOVE the design, and how it open up to the inside like that. Love them!!!!

Tracey said...

These are just fantastic Frances.

g said...

these are so wonderful- just love your sweet farmer girl PI scene and your second card is stunning!!

Unknown said...

I just love the farm scene.

Beth said...

Over the dandellion cards!

Beth said...

Love the dandellion cards! TFS

Tricia T said...

Oooo - I love the second card. Beautiful!!!

Tricia

Yiayia said...

How could anyone not smile at the chicken card!!! I can think of tons of occasions to use it for. Thanks so much for the inspiring idea

Yiayia said...

How could anyone not smile at the chicken card!!! I can think of tons of occasions to use it for. Thanks so much for the inspiring idea

Denise Bryant said...

Great cards! LOVE that chicken wire die!!!

Amy Rohl said...

Love your creative uses of the chicken wire, Frances, and your farm girl is so sweet!

Golda said...

The first one is so stinkin' cute and I love the look of the window on the second!

Gerry said...

The first card is my favorite. Love the scene you created.

Lezlye said...

Wow Great Job! Love them all and MFTSTSAMPS!

Joanne (jojot) said...

very creative uses of the chicken wire die

Deanne Gutierrez said...

These sneak peeks are so exciting, can't wait for the launch of the products!

Tammy H said...

Both of these cards give me goosebumps they are so amazingly detailed. That adorable little farm girl and the stunning chicken wire window are so fantastic. Thanks for sharing your obvious talents.

Sarah said...

Your farmer girl card has to be about the cutest thing I've ever seen!
God's blessings,
Sarah

Trinket Junkie said...

Precious, Precious, you are so creative, I love your ideas!!!