Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Birthday Wish!

C4C250Wishes2wm

Hello everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week our challenge hostess for August, Helen Cryer continues to bring us a fun challenge.

For our challenge this week Helen has asked us to use Animals on our cards … Helen would like to see a card with at least one animal on it… except no Bears or Bunnies… let’s see some more unusual animals!

I purchased a number of stamps from Purple Onion Designs way back in May, but due to Design Team work I hadn’t had time to play with any of them …. so for my card this week I decided to pull our my box of Purple Onion Stamps and play!

I just love that Mouse/Dandelion stamp and when I figured out it would work in the Katie Label Accordion designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs, I decided to use that for my card. As you can make wishes when you blow a dandelion, I found a birthday greeting that had the word wish in it and also add some flowers and the cute little robin to my other Accordion Panel.

C4C250Wisheswm

Here is a look at my card from the front when it is closed. I stamped the Mouse and Dandelion twice … once directly onto the Katie Label Panel and then once on scrap card. I cut out the one from scrap card and layered it over the one on the panel so I got the whole Mouse and Dandelion … you can see the ear of the mouse and one of the leaves of the dandelion overlapping.

I have also used the Katie Stars Frame Edge to decorate the frame.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Karen Aicken
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry
  • Donna Wright (August Guest Designer)


  • Stamps: Wishes (Mouse & Dandelion); Robin; Blooms – Purple Onion Designs; Greet Birthday Greetings – CC Designs
    Paper: White; Blue; Enchanted Garden DP – Bo Bunny
    Dies: Katie Label Accordion; Katie Star Frame Edges – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
    Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics


    #aa-owl-signature

    3 comments:

    Rea' said...

    So adorable I need that stamp ! I pin this one ... just adorable !!

    Sue Ann F. said...

    This card is adorable. But then you can't miss using Karen & ECD Dies and Purple Onion stamps. Love it.

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    love the star die cut bkgd....sweet image too