Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Christmas Stocking Gift Card Holder

mft-stocking-giftcholder1-w

Good morning everyone!

As promised I am back today with the last of the Gift Card Holders that I created with the Crazy 4 Challenges Gift Card Holder challenge in mind. As I said in my post yesterday (scroll down if you missed that post) I did indeed go a little crazy over these gift card holders. I am not sure why because I don’t even give gift cards out at Christmas time, but I do like playing with new ideas, construction type cards etc and these were all so much fun.

A couple of weeks ago on SCS, the try a new technique challenge was to create a stocking gift card holder. I didn’t get to play at the time but did put it on my list of wanting to try it one day. If you want the details on how to create one of these cards you can find them here.

These are lots of fun to create and very easy too! As the designer paper I used had lollies all over it I decided to use one of the lollies and the “To” & “From” sentiment from the “I want Candy” stamp set that is included in MFT Stamps December Kit of the Month.

mft-stocking-giftcholder-wm Here is an inside view of the stocking gift card holder. To help keep this closed I used Basic Grey’s Magnet Discs, I just love these. You can’t actually see the magnet discs because I have hidden it underneath the layers of card, that is how thin they are!

Recipe:

Stamps: I Want Candy December Kit – MFT Stamps

Paper: White; Red; Olive; Eskimo Kisses DP – Basic Grey

Other: Black Ink; Tag Punches; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Green Grosgrain Ribbon; Magnet Closures; MS Icicle Border Punch;

aa-owl-signature

15 comments:

Barbara said...

Just too cute, Frances!!!

Danni said...

This is so cute and clever!!

Kelly said...

So cute but be careful with magnets they can erase the magnetic strip on the back of some cards

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances this is so cool, you have gone crazy with these gift cards.

Joanne (jojot) said...

you truly are the queen of these gift card packages....wonderful

Unknown said...

love, love, love this hootsie!

Vicki G said...

Now that is absolutely adorable!

Vicki

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute gift card holder-its on my list to try as well-love the dsp you used

KanataNewf said...

I love this cute little gift card holder.I have a few to make and this style would be just great!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Awwww!! Now this is just too, too cute!

Carmen said...

So cute!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Too cute!!

Unknown said...

This is just too cute! We offered a FREE stocking shaped gift card holder SVG file on our website this week and we featured your image!

Check it out here:

http://wecanbeaoriginal.com/blog/?p=1580

Great job!!

Rizwan said...

Beautiful and impressive post i much appreciate the author thanks
plastic card printing

SyedMuddassar said...

Many peoples celebrating Christmas day. They want send a personal gift for lovers so i think card holder is very help full for your personal gift.
Plastic business cards.