Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Do You Want to Build a Snowman?


Hi Crafty Friends,

Ever since Karen Burniston posted her Snowman Twist Circle card on her blog last year I knew I wanted to create one, which I didn't get around to do last year. A few months ago when Karen re released her Twist Circle Pop Up as a Snowman Twist Circle Pop Up, I knew that eventually I would make one. Of course you don't have to create a snowman to make use of this fun die set, but it was a good excuse to do so.


The inside of my card looks similar to one that Karen created, with the snowman in the centre and the snow across the bottom of the card. These two things just go perfectly together. I did add a stamped sentiment to the top right hand corner of my card and also some snowflakes. 


The designer paper I used on my card has been staring at me for a few weeks as it has been sitting on the top of my paper stash at the end of my desk. I knew that this would be perfect for a snowman card. Although I only had a small piece so had to be a little create using it for the front of my card.

I decided to die cut all the snowman elements and add them to the snow as if they were preparing to make a snowman (or if you live where I do, you may have made it but it has already melted haha .... although you need snow in the first place to do the later right 😉.

I computer generated the sentiment.


And finally a look at my card as it is closing, you can see that the snowman is now turned to the side as the card closes.

Stamps:  Snow Sentiments - Unknown
Paper: White; Blue; Red; Black; Brown; Orange; Green; Cotton Candy DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Snowman Twist Circle Card; Natures Edges - Karen Burniston; Stitched Squares; Dotted Scallop Squares - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Glitter Dots Peel-Off Stickers;




5 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Soooo cute - love the disassembled snowman on the front. So creative.

kReN said...

Can't decide which I like better--inside or outside. Great!

Marlene L said...

Love the front of this card! Perfect DP. Happy snowman, inside, on a hot, sunny, August day! Lucky for him, he is on a card. :}

jojot said...

LOVE how you 'built' your snowman card...clever

Angie said...

Love the front of the card! Next one I make, I'm going to do that too! I made several of these last Christmas but never thought of the "melted" or is it just snowman "parts"? :)