Saturday, January 2, 2010

Thinking of Hoo!

MFT-Thinking-Hoo-Notebook-w

Hi everyone,

The beginning of the month is always exciting because it means that shortly there will be new stamps available from MFT Stamps. I always love being able to prepare my samples and show what is coming in the not too distant future.

Today the MFT Stamps Design Team start the beginning of our MFTeasers featuring the set “Thinking of Hoo?”, this set will be released this coming Wednesday 6th January.

Now you have to know that I *Heart* this set!!!!! No big surprise seeing I love owls! So for my MFTeaser today I decided to make something special using this set that I can get to keep for myself, so I decided to alter a notebook I had purchased recently.

The owl in the set is actually like the one at the top but I wanted to add more owls to my book so I stamped the owl and branch a second time leaving some room at the right hand side so that I could extend the branch a little and then I stamped just the owl and cut that out and attached it to the branch.

Don’t forget to visit Kim’s blog any time after 11AM EST to get the list of which Design Team members are also featuring this set on their blogs today.

Recipe:

Stamps: Thinking of Hoo – MFT Stamps

Paper: White; Burgundy; DP – Memory Box

Other: Black Ink; Grosgrain Ribbon; Notebook; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

21 comments:

Melody said...

Such a cute, little notebook Frances! And isn't nice to make something for yourself!

Libby Hickson said...

So cute!

Barbara said...

LOL, leave it to you to add owls!!! Just too cute, Frances, and a perfect "gift" for yourself!!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!!

Lisa H. said...

soooo cute and Oh-so clever!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Frances this is way too cute, and I love it!!! Beautiful job on your book hun!!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl Walker

Jessie/knightrone said...

Too stinkin cute!!!

Taylor said...

How cute!! I'm loving this little owl that I'm seeing around today! Happy New Year!

Julie Dinn said...

Super Cute Frances!

Kelli Hull said...

Love the addition of owls for your notebook!! and GOOD FOR YOU!!!! You need to spoil yourself with gifties every now and then!!! :)

Kim said...

Love it Frances! Your trio is too precious!

Vicki G said...

These little owls are darned cute!!!

Vicki

Amy Sheffer said...

Love your altered notebook, Frances! The papers are perfect, and the little owl trio is adorable!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab notebook....love the way your worked your images into the dp...or vice versa....lol

Jody Morrow said...

I just LOVE this little notebook, Frances. SO pretty!

Christina Fischer said...

SO cute, Frances! I love this trio of owls! :)

Michele Boyer said...

Totally cute, Frances! I just love the two branches with extra owls!

Tracey said...

This is just fabulous Frances!

Danni said...

Lovin' it!! Fantastic!

Sherrie said...

I knew you would come up with something perfect for this sweet owl! Love the multiple stamping (flock of owls) on your journal!

Kathy K said...

What an awesome notebook! I love that you gave the owl two friends to hang out with! Such a fun idea!