Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Birthday One for the Books

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I have a fun gnome themed Arch Accordion card to share with you. This card uses products from Spellbinders March 2024 Club Kits and two of their Arch die sets. I have been wanting to make this style of card for sometime, so am happy that i finally got around to making one.

For the arch shapes I used Spellbinders Essential Arches for the base and inner arches. I used the Colorblock Accent Arches to add the layer the creates the fun pattern around the edges. To join the arches I cut 2 inches panels that measured approx 3 inches in height. I scored at 1 inch and then glued these to the bottom front of the arches that needed to be joined. Adding the tabs to the front means they are hidden when you add your layers on top.

To decorate my panels I used the Glimmer of the month from March 2024 ... Sketched Lines. I used gold glimmer foil to add the lines to the white arches and also to create the red sentiments at the bottom of each arch.

The gnomes are from the Stamp of the month ... Storytime Gnomes. I also used one of the sentiments from this stamp set for the sentiment on the left panel. I used some older Whimsy Stamps Speech Bubbles dies to add the stamped sentiments in, doing a little of creative partial die cutting to make the dies fit the sentiments. The other two sentiments are from an older book themed Mama Elephant stamp set from my stash.


This is a look at the front of the card, when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.




No comments: