Saturday, August 14, 2010

Blue Christmas!

C4C50-Elvis-wm

Happy Saturday everyone!!!!!!

Saturday’s mean it is challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This month it is my turn to supply the challenges.

When I was thinking about what to do for the challenges for August, I decided to check out what special holidays were in August. In researching this online I discovered that the 2nd week of August is Elvis Week which coincides with the anniversary of his death on 16th August 1977.

So my challenge for this week is that you need to include music somehow on your card. It could be a music related stamp, designer papers, embossing folders, punches …. whatever you wish. Of course if you have Elvis stamps you get double points hehe!

Well many of you probably heard the news recently that Cornish Heritage Farms were closing down. So when I heard this news I quickly went in and ordered a few more must have Elvis stamps from them to add to my Elvis stamp collection  …. I love my Elvis stamps. So of course it wasn’t hard to figure out what I would use for this challenge. I ended up going with my Santa Baby stamp as I figured I needed to work on more Christmas cards.

C4C50-Elvis2-wm 

Here is the inside of my card, the sentiment I used is from My Sentiments Exactly which I think works so well with my Elvis Christmas stamps.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Elvis (Santa Baby) -  Cornish Heritage Farms; Blue Christmas Sentiment – My Sentiments Exactly
Paper: Cream; Brown; Blue; DP – Kaisercraft
Other: Brown Ink; Old Paper Distress Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Brown Brads; MS Snowflake Punch; MS Snowflake Border Punch; Snowflake Brads; Foam  Tape;

aa-owl-signature

14 comments:

nsmerkt said...

Hello there. I am not much of an Elvis fan but that card is stunning. Would love to take on your music challenge. Thanks for sharing!

Silli said...

wow, wonderful Frances... the image is fabby... HUGs and happy weekend...

Angelwood said...

This is just gorgeous! I have never seen and Elvis stamp before and I love how you've matched your ink to your papers. Stunning! hugs, Angela

Joanne (jojot) said...

well...I would say that we were on the same wavelength this week....Elvis and snowflakes.....this is one I missed out on...

hugs

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!!

Barbara said...

Leave it to you to have an Elvis stamp!! Awesome job, Frances!!

Alaine said...

I was brought here for the Paper Pretties hop, but the Elvis card is WONDERFUL. Thank you for sharing!

Silke Ledlow said...

Your Elvis X-mas card is the BOMB Frances!!! What a cool image and what a beautiful design!!! Love it!!! Have a fabbo weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Lynda Benden said...

LOL Frances, this is AWESOME! What a fantastic card!

Vicki G said...

I'm all shook up over your fabby card!

Vicki

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful set! I love this Christmas card, too - so cheery. I need to get busy! Christmas hampers

Karen said...

I didn't realise that anyone made Elvis stamps. I love this card. I showed it to my husband and his comment was 'Wow that's cool, love the verse inside' That's praise indeed from him !!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awesome card, and awesome challenge!!

Maria said...

Okay, I have to say this is one of the most awesome Christmas cards I've seen! The colors, the paper,the embellishments and well, Elvis of course! I just love it!! Love the layout too!!! You really ROCKED this challenge!!

Maria