Friday, October 22, 2010

What’s The Buzz!

MFT-HoneyBeeDuo-wm

Hi everyone,

A couple of months ago I shared with you all my project using this cute PI – Honey Bee stamp set from MFT Stamps. Well the great news is that my Beehive Template is now available for sale through MFT Stamps.

It has been given to a graphic designer who tidied it up a bit and tweaked it a little so that it works perfectly when you cut it out. When you purchase the template you get the following file formats so you can use it with the machine that you have:

  • PDF: traditional print & cut version.
  • SVG: for use with the Cricut Expression and Make The Cut or Sure Cuts a Lot software
  • Ai & DXF: for use with Wishblade, Pazzles, and KNK machines
  • GSD: for use with the Silhouette

Cindy Haffner has also been playing with this template and I can’t wait for you to see what she has come up with, she will be posting her project later today so check it out. This template is not limited to just beehives!

MFT-Honey-Bee-wm

The template contains files to create both the beehive shaped card and the beehive box. For my card and box I created today I cut the base layer out of black card and then cut the beehive shingles out of yellow and layered them over the black base.

To finish off my beehive card I added the cute PI – Honey Bee on the left side and also used the following Die-namic dies:

  • Flower Trio & Leaf Trio
  • Grass Border

FreshCutGrass

FlowerAndLeafTrio

MFT-Honey-Beein-wm

Here is the inside of my beehive card. I stamped the sentiment onto yellow card that I cut using the MFT Stamps Die-namics Framed Greeting Die.

FramedGreetingsDie

MFT-HoneyBeeBox2-wm

The beehive box is created the same was as the card except that the beehive bases are two separate pieces and are joined by a box in the middle. The box is also included included with the template, along with instructions on the sizes I used to create my projects.

MFT-HoneyBeeBox-wm

Here is another view of my beehive box from the side.

MFT-HoneyBeeBox3-wm

Here is another view of my beehive box,, I found some yellow and black chupa chups which fitted perfectly in my box.

Stamps: PI – Honey Bee
Paper: White; Yellow; Orange; Green; Black
Die-namics: Grass Border; Flower Trio; Leaf Trio; Cloud Trio
Other: Black Ink; Yellow Ink; Orange Ink; Beehive Template MFT Stamps; Cricut; Make The Cut; Felt; Swarovski Crystals; Glitter Garnish; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

18 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Way cool Frances! You are just so brilliant! That's why we all love you!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Frances just so ADORABLE!!

Kerrie said...

I just love this beehive box, you are such a clever bee!

Danni said...

Love, love, love it! so very fabulous!

Kelli Hull said...

YOU are goin down in History Frances!!! :) LOVE the beehive, I remember when you created this the first time...I thought it was perfect as it was !!!! ;)

kj

Jessica G. said...

Awesome gift set! Adorable card and the treat container is amazing -- how perfect for this little bee image!!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Frances, What can I say? This is just awesome. Your rock girl! I just love this. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Shawn said...

This is perfect! I love it! Thanks for playing at The Paper Variety :)

Carole said...

This card is sooo cute. Just love the way it turned out. Thanks for sharing.

Suzy said...

THese are so cute! Love the beehive and the "sweet as honey" sentiment. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Variety.

Angi Barrs said...

WOW...These beehives are amazing. Sweet project. Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Variety.

Barbara said...

Totally fabulous, Frances!

Melissa said...

That is so cute! I love bees! :)

Kathlene said...

So so cute! That little beehive box is an awesome idea and you've really created something special here. WTG!

Abby Beard said...

Oh my gosh! These are sooo cute! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Variety! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

I love love LOVE this!! You are so talented!!

Tessa Buys said...

SO cute! Wow, this is amazing! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Variety!

weddingsbirthdaysatbp. said...

Hi, your beehive card is just awesome! Kindly give to me the direct link to the template. I'm interested. Thank you.