Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wishing You Happiness!

CCEE1104White2-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time again with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week it is my turn to host the challenge.

I love the look of white on white cards, that is a card where all the layers are in white. But I only do them when I HAVE to …. so this week I challenged the CCEE gals to create a white on white card. If you are using an image on your card you can add color to that if you would like.

I didn’t have any clear idea what I was doing when I started making mine. I started with a folded piece of white card for the base and just built up from there. I really like how it turned out though.

The second layer I embossed and then added white pearls in the centre of all the flowers around the edge of the card. I used my fleur de lis nestabilities die to create the layers of my sentiment which is from MFT Stamps More Essential Sentiments. Finally I added flowers around the lower edge of my circle.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: More Essential Sentiments – MFT Stamps
Paper: White
Other: Black Ink; Preserves Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Fleur De Lis Nestabilities; White Pearls; Flowers; Foam Tape

aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Pure gorgeousness Frances! I l.o.v.e the white on white and the pretty small pearls you added in the BG! Hugs ~S~

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Riley and Company said...

Oh Frances - this is amazing!!!! I love white on white too - simply elegant.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Stunning Hoots! I love all the pearls on your embossed bg!! And it's gorgeous with the pendant and flowers!! WOW!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Sorry, I didn't mean to drool so, but this is one GORGEOUS card, Frances!! So elegant, too. Thanks for the fun challenges this month!

wannabcre8tive said...

Gorgeous, I love white on white.

Michele Boyer said...

Wow, Frances. This is STUNNING!

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is a home-run....wow...gorgeous...love how you did the bkgd....such quiet elegance....a winner, Hoots

Delia said...

Gorgeous!!!

Francie G. said...

This is gorgeous, Frances! Great challenge!