Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Give It A Whirl …. Let’s Hop & Shop!

MFT PinwheelWhirl1 wm

It’s release day over on MFT Stamps, which means it is time to join the MFT Stamps Design Team for another "Blog Hop and Shop!".

The hop started at Kim's (MFT Lady) blog so if you didn’t start from there you may want to head over there now so that you can start at the beginning of the hop. You don't want to miss anything and believe me there is lots to see!

Tonight I am featuring one of the new stamp sets that are being released, Perfect Pinwheel Die-namics and Stamp set. This is such a fun set!

MFT PinwheelWhirl3 wm

For my first card I die cut the pinwheel using two different designer papers. This was layered onto the Die-namics Dizzy Doily die and the sentiment was stamped onto the smaller ribbon from the Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon Die.

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT PinwheelWhirl2 wm

Here is the inside of my card, I added another of the sentiments from the Perfect Pinwheels stamp set. I also added the PI girl from the new PI and the Pinwheel stamp set that is also being released today. These two sets work so well together.

MFT Pinwheel wm

For my second project today I decided to use the Pinwheel as a decoration. This time round I die cut the two pinwheels using the same designer paper rather than two different ones like I did for my first project. The Pinwheel is standing in a used mini M & M container that I covered with designer paper added a ribbon. The stick holding the pinwheel is poked through a hole I put into the lid of the container.

MFT Pinwheel2 wm

This time round I used the larger of the two ribbons from the Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon Die.

Well that is about it from me for today, now it is time to hop on over to the blog of the incredibly talented Inge Groot and see what awesome creation she has to share with you today.

Stamps: Perfect Pinwheel; PI and the Pinwheel – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Green; Peach; Desert Bloom DP – Trimcraft
Die-namics: Perfect Pinwheel; Dizzy Doily Die; First Place Award Ribbon – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Sewing Machine; Brads; Buttons; Twine; Foam Tape

aa-owl-signature

26 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

AWESOME work!! Truly fabulous!!

Jodi Collins said...

These are AMAZING Frances! I am OVER the moon for the pinwheel layered on top of the doily! GENIUS!

Barbara said...

Love both projects, Frances!

Christina Fischer said...

These are fantastic, Frances! SO fun!

Dawn said...

Beautiful pinwheels Frances!

RedGem said...

The pinwheels are so cute!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love your pinwheels, these are so great! And the paper and design are fabulous.

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful work, Frances! TFS!

Bunnyfreak said...

Adorable.

Jan Garber said...

Too, too cute! The pinwheel and the polka dots are so sweet!

jeanne girl said...

Fun - love the pinwheel on the outside and the PI girl on the inside :)

Rachel G said...

FABULOUS!

Makalah said...

I like the soft colors, and the matching of the pinwheel with the PI stamp!

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous pinwheel projects!

Melody said...

Great pinwheels Frances!

bernshwag said...

What gorgeously fun projects Frances, I love them both!

Arlene said...

Gorgeous projects, Frances! ♥

Inge Groot said...

Fabulous projects Frances, love them both!

Sarah Gough said...

Great projects Frances, I love them!

Stephanie said...

OMGoodness! Here's that adorable pinwheel again! I absolutely love each of your projects! Just beautiful!

Erin Smetak said...

Gorgeous creations Frances!!!!

Sherrie said...

Great cards Frances....especially love how you stamped the little PI on the inside too!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL!!~

Lisa H. said...

your pinwheels are fantastic! loove these.

Joanne (jojot) said...

pinwheel fun

Jody Morrow said...

Such cute projects! :)