Saturday, September 26, 2015

Level Up


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with the "Crazies" over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Raquel Mason our challenge hostess for September finishes off the month with one last challenge.

September’s Birthstone is the sapphire.  Show me the blue!  Make blue the most prominent color of your card.

When I was going through my designer papers I have in my stash looking for some blue paper to use for my card for this challenge, I came across this space invader themed paper. This reminded me that I had the Game Controller dies and stamp set from MFT Stamps which I hadn't used yet, so I figured it was time to use them.



I created a Pop Up Card using the Lorna Label Pop Up Card set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I added two of the small Game Controllers from the die set and attached them to the top and bottom corners of my card. On the blue rectangle piece underneath the sentiment I added a few more dots so it would also resemble controls.



Here is another view of my card so you can see the Pop Up portion of the card.



On the front of my card I added the large Game Controller and a sentiment. On all the colored controls of the Game Controllers I applied Glossy Accents.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Fran Sabad (September Guest Designer



Stamps: CS Level Up - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Blue; Game Time DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Lorna Label Pop Up Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Game Controller - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Glossy Accents; Black Hemp Cord; Foam Tape



4 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this paper could not be any more perfect! I love this.

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Total score with this card Frances! Love it!

Joanne (jojot) said...

WOW...perfect for a tween or gamer.....love it

Unknown said...

This is the most adorable card I have ever seen and I have been looking for a even a decent gamers card. This one and maybe three others fit the bill and I would kill for this template and where to get the paper. I am very new to crafting and would love to make this for my nephew, who I adore. I don't think I even care how much it will cost. Well, you know what I mean. Please help me out with at least the template. I have a cricut maker. Thank You very much. I want to be you when I grow up and I better hurry I'm 68 now!