Friday, July 21, 2017

Ir-elephant Without You


Hi crafty friends!

Today is my sister's birthday ... as she love elephants I normally make her an elephant themed card to give her. Earlier on in the year Art Impressions came out with their PopCard stamp/die sets one of which was an elephant, of course I knew immediately what I would be using for her card. I have had the set sitting on my desk for a number of months and can finally get to use it.


This one was a lot easier to put together than the first PopCard I made earlier in the year when I used the Panda PopCard set. Since then there have been a couple of videos which I was able to watch to learn the easiest way to create one of these. 

I used the Lawn Fawn Flower Hillside Pop-Up Add-On to create the grassy area with flowers. 

Here is a quick video to show my card in action.



Here is a side view of the inside of the card so you can see the layers used to create the elephant.


I kept the front of my card fairly simple seeing the focus is on the inside of the card. However I had to play with my new Go Press & Foil Machine and hot foil stamps and foil. All the birthday hot foil stamps I ordered are still on backorder so I had to make  do with this Celebrate sentiment. Love how shiny this is in real life as you will see if you watch the video above.

Stamps:  Elephant PopCard - Art Impressions; Fairy Wishes - Practical Publishing
Paper: White; Pink; Hello Happiness 6 x 6 Paper Pack - Taylored Expressions
Dies: Elephant PopCard; PopCard Template - Art Impressions; Flower Hillside Pop-Up Add-On - Lawn Fawn; Stitched Ovals; Dotted Scallop Ovals; ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners  - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Go Press & Foil; Blue-Green Foil (Iridescent Finish) - Couture Creations; Foam Tape; Copics



2 comments:

jojot said...

couldn't be any cuter

Karen Aicken said...

So cute - I bet your sister will love it. Thanks for the video too!