Monday, November 3, 2008

Chocolate Anyone!!

Chocolate anyone!!!! .... who can resist chocolate .... definitely not me hehe. My card today uses one of the new Riley stamps which will be released this coming Friday 7th November by Hanna Stamps. Isn't Riley irresistible!

I used this week's Hanna Stamps challenge from the Hanna Stamps member forums to create my card ... the challenge was posted on Friday but I had to wait until today to post my card. We had to use paper piecing on our image .... I paper pieced the couch that Riley is lying on. I also added paper piercing to the top corners of this panel.

We also had to use designer paper to the lower section of my card. We were also supposed to use designer paper where my brown ribbon is ... however I preferred to use the ribbon on my card.

The sentiment used here is from the "Things Riley Would Say" sentiment set. The sentiment in the set actually says "Chocolate Moose Anyone" which didn't really work for my card, so I cut out the "Moose" in the sentiment and made it "Chocolate Anyone". My sentiment isn't ruined I will be able to place the sentiment back on a clear block to stamp it in the correct way if I wanted to. I love doing this with clear stamps.

Recipe:
Stamps: Couch Riley & Sentiment - Hanna Stamps
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Real Red & DP - SU
Other: Black Ink; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Brown Brad; Brown & Red Flower; Label Die; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Foam Tape; Copics



10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Riley is so cute.

Stampvanwinkle said...

OMG!!! No Way!!! How cute is Riley. You have done an awesome job. I think I am going to smile all day. :) TFS

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is an adorable Riley! Love the rich colors you chose...they def. remind me of chocolate!! This is such a cute card, Frances!!

Kristi said...

heeheee I love this... Love paper piecing too....

Jennifer Love said...

Yikes! Riley is fab! Love the card. :)

Amanda said...

I kid you not, this is me this weekend after gorging myself on Halloween candy and laying down on the couch with my big fat pregnant tummy! Alarming resemblance and I am scared to go to my Dr's appt and hear how much fatter I am! *sigh*

Awesome card as usual!!! I love your work!!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

This is such a lovely card its good for a male card. Love the colours and papers rock on riley! hugs Linda x

Anonymous said...

Oh how VERY sweet!! ;) I totally can relate to little Riley!! TFS!

Vicki G said...

Love your layout and the clean design!! Great Card!

Vicki

Catherine said...

i love it :)