Monday, November 10, 2008

Owl Always Be Your Friend!


Good morning to you all. I always look forward to Monday's because it means it is time for another challenge with my CCEE friends. Besides getting to stamp my own project for the challenge I also get to see what the rest of the team came up with.

Our challenge today was to use a restaurant coaster on our project along with some mesh or mulberry paper (products that our challenge hostess Charlene Merrick hadn't seen used much lately).

All my coasters that I have here are blank ones so I decided to use them to make a meander book. You can see a tutorial written by Beate Johns over in the SCS Resource section, click here to view it.

I used the coasters for the covers of this book. I cut my mesh tape and attached it to the right side of the book underneath my owl image.



Here are a couple of photos of the inside of my book .... a few of my pages have pockets so that I can have additional tags inside.

Don't forget to check out our CCEE Stampers blog to see the rest of the projects that the other CCEE Stampers have created .... we would also love it if you could play along.


Recipe:
Stamps: Owl & Sentiment - Firecracker Designs
Paper: White; Vanilla & Close to Cocoa - SU; DP - Heidi Grace/Fiskars
Other: Black Ink; Close to Cocoa SU Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Mesh Tape; Oval Punch; Foam Tape; Tab Punch; Bind It All; Copics



5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love that Owl Frances, and so clever making your coasters into a book.

Rene Sharp said...

Love all your latest projects Frances, they are all fab!

Anonymous said...

Adorable book!! Love how you did the inside as well as the cover. Beautiful colors and image! TFS

Catherine said...

too cool!

Ginny said...

this is gorgeous, love to be the friend who receives it :0) lol