Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Best Fishes!

PP-FishWishes-wm

Hi everyone,

Welcome to day 4 of the Paper Pretties sneak peeks in readiness for the release of the new Paper Pretties stamps which are to be released tomorrow, Wednesday 14th September.

For last sneak peek before the stamps are released the Design Team are featuring Fish Wishes. What a fun stamp set this is. The  fish actually has some pretty swirls on it’s tail which I cut off as I was cutting it out.

PP-FishWishes2-wm

As gold fish live is a fish bowl I decided to create a fish bowl shaped card today. The fish bowl was created using my Cricut and the Create A Critter cartridge. I used acetate to cut out the main fish bowl shape and I cut 4 of the blue pieces so I could adhere one on either side of the acetate to hide the tape.

PP-FishWishes3-wm

Here is the inside of my card, I created it the same as the front, minus the fish and added one of the sentiments from the set instead. The tag you can see is actually on the outside of the card, but being my card is see through it can be seen when I turned my card inside out.

  • Join us for our release Blog Hop this Wednesday 12 AM EST 14th September, starting on the Paper Pretties Blog.
  • New Release Stamps available in the Paper Pretties Boutique from Wednesday 12 AM EST 14th September.
  • Don’t forget to check out the Paper Pretties Blog to see who else is previewing the new stamps today.
Stamps: Fish Wishes – Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Blue; Tan;  Green; Acetate
Other: Black Ink; Cricut; Create A Critter Cartridge; Tag; Twine; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

absolutely fabulous

Rose Ann said...

This is totally adorable, and so clever too! I love it, Frances!!

Kelly L said...

Very clever idea, Frances! Love, love the acetate and the textured blue paper for your water really looks fabulous!:) Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas with us!

Cindy Haffner said...

WOW-ers how clever!!

SusanBluerobot said...

wow i love this

g said...

just adorable! love the acetate fish bowl- looks awesome!!

zehra said...

This is so cute. I love the idea of acetate as the card and covering it with design back and forth.also I would like to thank you for commenting on my card, that is so encouraging.

Jenny said...

So cute Frances!! Love the fishbowl idea! Fantastic:):)

Miranda Mols Stampin Utopia said...

Some people are sooooooo creative.
Fabulous!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is FABULOUS!