Saturday, September 10, 2011

Shiver Me Timbers!

C4C104-PiratePolly-wm

Hi everyone,

Today starts the beginning of the Paper Pretties sneak peeks in readiness for their release this Wednesday 14th September. This month Paper Pretties will be releasing 4 brand new sets … I am sure you are going to love them.

To start off the Pretties Peeks, the design team are showcasing the Pirate Polly stamp set that is being released. I had so much fun with this set!

  • Join us for our release Blog Hop this Wednesday 12 AM EST 14th September, starting on the Paper Pretties Blog.
  • New Release Stamps available in the Paper Pretties Boutique from Wednesday 12 AM EST 14th September.
  • Don’t forget to check out the Paper Pretties Blog to see who else is previewing the new stamps today.

C4C104-PiratePolly4-wm

It’s also challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This month our challenge hostess Barbara Anders has given us a color challenge. We had to create a card using these gorgeous fall colors … Orange, Olive Green, Yellow & Brown.

C4C104 Color Challenge

 

As I have said before I always enjoying playing with pirate stamps and this one is no exception. I also recently received the Cricut Imagine Buccaneer cartridge, so decided to combine the two to create my project for todays challenge.

I think I covered all the colors …. my greens are a little off an olive green but I had to go with what the Imagine printed out and also the green of the beads that I used on  my project … but I promise I did use olive for the leaves on the branch that Pirate Polly is sitting on!

C4C104-PiratePollyjoined-wm

The parrot and the sentiment on the sign are both from the Paper Pretties Pirate Polly stamp set!

The treasure chest, tree, skull and crossbones flag and the signs that I used to stamp my sentiments were all printed using the Cricut Imagine. It has been a while since I have printed anything from my Imagine so for a while there I had big problems printing the black portions of these images, which I didn’t really realise until I tried to print the flag … can’t have a pirate flag that isn’t black can you LOL! I had read someone else had a similar problem earlier in the week that I created this project and she was able to fix the problem by cleaning the print heads on her machine. Unfortunately this didn’t work for me, I guess it has been a while since I printed stuff on it, I cut a lot using the machine but do not do a lot of printing. After a change of black ink it worked fine. Lesson learnt …. print more often which I plan to do, if only just papers.

C4C104-PiratePolly5-wm

Here is another photo showing the inside of my treasure chest. Which is filled with gold coins (fake of course) and jewels which I pinched from my daughters stash she uses with her kindergarten kids sometimes. Don’t worry she will probably get to use this with the children for Talk Like A Pirate Day which is coming up this month.

C4C104-PiratePolly6-wm

One more close up so you can see the treasure chest and the sign I put inside the lid of the chest. The sentiments I used here are two more of the sentiments from the new Paper Pretties Pirate Polly stamp set!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Pirate Polly – Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Mat Board; Double Sided Sticker Paper
Other: Black Ink; Cricut Imagine Buccaneer Cartridge; Sand; Play Coins; Jewels; Copics

aa-owl-signature

13 comments:

Silli said...

OMG Frances, this is soooo cool...Love the little scene... a perfect birthday gift!!!! HUGs and happy weekend!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMG, what a fabulous creation, love it

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO cool, Frances!

Chris said...

This is so much fun, I thought your grandson was going to be one lucky matey but the kinderkiddies will have so much fun with it. You did an incredible job!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

WOW!!!! This is just way too COOL!!!! WOW!!!!

Heather said...

This is AMAZING!!!! OMG! I love it!

Taylor said...

This is BEYOND fabulous!!

Kristine Reynolds said...

This is such a great way to showcase this fun new set! Love it!

Barbara said...

What a totally fun set, Frances!

Joanne (jojot) said...

AMAZING and fun

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my Frances this is way to COOL!!~

Vicki G said...

Holy MOSES Frances........this ROCKS out!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the booty!!!!
xo
Vicki

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is BEYOND cool!!!