Friday, November 29, 2013

Keep Christmas In Your Heart

Christmas-Block-Card-wm

Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago while I was browsing what others had been pinning over on Pinterest I discovered a new style of card which I immediately had to play with.

This card is called a Block Card … I love how it looks like a pile of kids building blocks! If you want to find out how to create this style of card you can find a video by Papercrafter45 here.

Christmas-Block-Card2-wm

For my card I have used a Penny Black stamp set called Christmas Everyday. I also added some snowflakes to my card.

Christmas-Block-Card3-wm

Here is the back of my Block card, I have added some more snowflakes plus a sentiment.

Christmas-Block-Card4-wm

As you can see by the photo above this card folds flat so it can be placed in a standard envelope to be mailed.

Expect to see more of this style of card from me … it is such fun to play with!

Stamps: Christmas Everyday – Penny Black; Nesties Ornaments – Sparkle N Sprinkle
Paper: White; Red; Just Believe DP – Kaisercraft
Other: Black Ink; Score Board; MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags Stax 1 & 2; MFT Die-namics Let It Snowflakes; XCuts Tags & Bookplates Die; Red Rhinestones; Glitter; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

4 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

oh my gosh, Frances....you make the bestest cards ever. Thanks for sharing the video...I have to give this a try!

Awesome, awesome work, my friend!

Karen Aicken said...

So cool!! I've never seen these before. Love your sweet take on it and thanks so much for the video link wow!!!
Cheers, Karen A

Queen Mary said...

Frances, I completely love this card! I watched the video and it's so easy! Your version with Winnie the Pooh is so cute!

Joanne (jojot) said...

amazing....absolutely amazing