It's my turn to post a card on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. This time round I have created my card using a couple of the new Susan's Garden range of dies recently released by Elizabeth Craft Designs. I was super excited when I saw that Susan's was releasing the Garden Patch dies as these can be used in so many ways. You can use the grid and the square together or just the grids or the squares on their own.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of cream card 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches, score at 5 1/2 inches to create a top folding card. Sponge around the edges using a light brown ink.
2. Cut a piece of brown card and orange card large enough to fit the large grid from the Garden Patch - 1 1/2 inches & Mini Roses die. To the back of each piece of card adhere some Transparent Double Sided Tape. Run through die cutting machine.
Cut another piece of brown card 3 3/8 inches x 5 inches. Layer the brown grid onto the brown card. Attach to the folded cream card using foam tape.
3. Using dark brown ink stamp the Sunshine & Love Rubber Stamp on each of the orange squares. (Note: I used a stamp positioner for mine to help centre the sentiment on the square, but you could also eyeball it if you prefer. You will need to stamp a second time underneath the first stamping, to fill the square). Sponge the edges of each square using light brown ink. Attach the squares into the brown grid on the folded card.
4. Die cut 2 each of the Garden Notes - Sunflower using yellow card for the flower; green card for the leaves and brown card for the centre head of the sunflower.
Use orange chalk to color the centre yellow portion of the sunflower and green chalk to color the leaves. Use balling tool and moulding mat to shape flowers & petals. Glue both large flowers on top of each other offsetting one a little and then and the smaller single petals around the top centre about 1/4 inch from centre.
Place brown florets onto moulding mat and use styles to cup each floret and glue these to centre of the sunflower.
Use balling tool to shape leaves and use stylus to create veins in leaves.
Attach flower to card as per photo above.
5. Use the Alphabet 1 - Caps die to die cut the letters "H; E; L; L; O" from Green card. (Tip: Add Transparent Double Sided Tape to back of card before die cutting letters). Attach letters to form the word "HELLO" down the right side of the card.
The Inside of the Card:
6. Sponge the edges of the inside of the card using light brown ink.
7. Cut a piece of brown card and orange card large enough to fit the large grid from the Garden Patch - 1 1/2 inches & Mini Roses die. To the back of each piece of card adhere some Transparent Double Sided Tape. Run through die cutting machine. (Tip: You only need to use half of the grid and squares so if preferred on cut through just over half the grid when die cutting). Trim off any extra lines so the top edge is flush.
Adhere the brown grid to the bottom of the card ensuring that it is centred.
Stamp the Sunshine and Love sentiment onto the orange squares as we did in step 3. Sponge edges using light brown ink. Adhere the orange squares to brown grid on bottom of the card.
Trim off any overhang so the side edges of the card are even.
8. Stamp Sunshine and Love sentiment to top section of inside of the card using black ink.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Patch - 1 1/2 inch & Mini Roses (1001) Garden Notes - Sunflower (999) Alphabet 1 – Caps (967) Sunshine and Love Rubber Stamp (RS001) Transparent Double Sided Tape – 152 mm (509) Other Cream Card Orange Card Brown Card Green Card Yellow Card Light Brown Ink Pad Dark Brown Ink Pad Black Ink Pad Orange Chalk Green Chalk Foam Tape