It's my turn to post a card tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. A few week's ago I created a stand up card using the Tags & More 8 - Lattice die set to send to Els for CHA, I thought it would be a fun card to create a tutorial for. When I was looking at the "clip board topper" thingy included in the die set I kept seeing a baby's bottle. Of course I just had to create a baby card .... and baby girl cards seem to be the order of the day at ECD right now :).
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of cream card 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score at 2 3/4 inches and 5 1/2 inches. Fold along score lines as per photo above. Also lightly score at 8 1/4 inches, but do not fold.
2. Position the Congratulations Stand Up Helper die so that the bottom of the die is lined up along the 8 1/4 inches score line we created in step 1. Run through die cutting machine, remove excess card from sentiment and fold upwards. Place a piece of Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape large enough to fit the Congratulations Stand Up Helper die to pink card. Run through Die Cutting Machine so that the adhesive is on the bottom, trim along the bottom edge of the word and adhere over the top of the Congratulations on the cream card.
3. Cut a piece of cream card 4 1/4 inches x 2 5/8 inches and adhere to the panel behind the Congratulations to hide the opening from die cutting the word.
4. Cut a piece of cream card and a piece of pink designer paper 4 1/2 inches x 6 inches. Line up the Tags & More 8 - Lattice at the top of the cream card and run through your die cutting machine. Snip the excess card around the top of the die off and then use your trimmer to trim off both sides to make them even with the top part of the die. Trim tag shape so it is 5 1/2 inches long.
Repeat this process above this time with the pink designer paper. Line up the Tags & More 8 - Lattice Decorative Tag die so it lines up with the hole in the tag and level with the top of the tag and die cut.
Adhere the pink designer paper tag to the cream tag. Die cut the square reinforcement hole die from pink card and adhere it to card around circle on tag.
5. Use a pink copic marker to color the Silver Borders Assorted Peel -Off Stickers and add this around the border of the tag. Apply adhesive to the 2 1/2 inch panel on the folded card we created in step 1 and attach the tag to this panel so that the bottom of the tag lines up with the bottom of this panel.
6. Fold the card so that the card is closed and trim off the top of the folded card using the top of the tag as a guide. When the card is closed it all layers should be tagged shaped as per photo above.
7. Cut a piece of designer paper 4 1/4 inches x 2 1/4 inches. Adhere this to the panel in front of the Congratulations Stand Up Helper word. Use the lattice border die included in the Tags & More 8 - Lattice die set and die cut to borders from pink card. (Tip: add some Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of the pink card before die cutting border). Add the pink borders to the designer paper as per photo above. Add Pink/Silver Glitter Dots to border as per photo.
8. Add some Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of a piece of cream card large enough to fit the It's A Boy/Girl Die ... die cut. Position "It's A Girl" to the card as per photo above.
9. Using the Clipboard Topper die from the Tags & More 8 - Lattice die set, pink card. Trace this shape by hand onto kraft card and cut out. Trim the pink card so it is level at the top and adhere it on top of the kraft card as per photo.
Cut a piece of cream card 2 1/8 inches x 2 3/8 inches. Trim off the bottom corners of the card at a slight angle and the top corners at a bigger angle as per photos above. Sponge around the cream card using pink ink. Attach the top of the bottle to the cream card.
10. Add some Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of a piece of pink card large enough to die cut the letters "B"; "A"; "B"; "Y". Adhere the letters to the baby's bottle to spell "BABY" Attach the bottle to the front of the tag using foam tape.
11. Tie a bow using pink ribbon and attach to the top of the tag over the tag hole.
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.