Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - February 2021

 

Welcome to our February Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.


Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "HEARTS" - make a card incorporating hearts, any theme.


Last month, Karen shared a Slimline card she created that had the gatefold offset with a pompom closure. So I used that for the inspiration of my card today. You can find Karen's tutorial for here card here


My finished Slimline card measures 3 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches. To decorate the front of the card I used dies from Dolled Up Charms; Love Charms; Slim Frames and one of the sentiments from the Word Set 9 - Love die set.


The opening of the card is on the left side of the card, To keep my card closed I used tiny magnets rather than the pompom that Karen used on her card. 



When you open the card, it reveals a pop-up using the smaller of the tapered pop-ups from the Mini Pops Pop-up die set. I used the rectangle frames from the Slim Frames die set to create a mirror which pops up. I decorated the mirror using the Dolled Up Charms die set.

I also used some of the charms from the Love Charms die set to decorate the side flaps.

For the sentiments I used two of the sentiments from Word Set 9 Love die set. The "Celebrate You" combines two die sets ... the Celebrate Word die and the "you" included in the Pop 'n Swap die set.











4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Fun card for the challenge!

Gail said...

Like how you used these dies for this card - lip stick - etc. fabulous! TFS

Cindy Manott said...

This is a wonderful card for any young girl or even an older one. The colors are brightand I love these charms. Great card.

Karen Inchak said...

How cute is that!?!?!?! I love the use of the make-up for a girlfriend card! Well done, as always.