Tuesday, April 2, 2024

April 2024 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

 


Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our April Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "THIRST QUENCHER" - Create a project that incorporates a beverage. This could be coffee, tea, wine, beer, cocktail, mocktail, lemonade, etc. 


As you can see by my card above, I went with the tea theme. I used the new Tea and Coffee Pop-up die set along with the Tea and Coffee Borders die set to decorate my card.

For the scallop border panels, I used the scallop rectangle from the Rectangles and Labels Crosshatch die set, die cutting it from pink cardstock and then cutting it to the size I needed for this card. The label with the sentiment is also from this die set.


I love how the Tea and Coffee Pop-up die set includes the cup and saucer, tea bag, steam and spoon to make a fun tea themed card. Of course there is also a coffee mug included in this set too.


I kept the front of my card, fairly simple seeing the focus is on the inside of the card. I used the Rectangles and Labels Crosshatch die set for the layers.

I then added the Happy Birthday and Happy Birthday Shadow to the centre of the panel, before adding more of the borders from the Tea and Coffee Borders die set.









4 comments:

Karen Inchak said...

You never disappoint me with your card creations! I love the simplicity of the colors and paper. Coffee is a favorite of mine.

Kathy De Hay said...

I really like this card, your choice of paper I think is great. My favorite beverage is diet coke.

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderful card!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty teacup design, and I love your paper choices and border designs too! Great card!