Thursday, February 25, 2010

Make The Grade!

CCEE1008-Makegrade-wm

Hi everyone,

How is your day going so far?? Good I am hoping! My card today is for the challenge I do with a group of friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week Charlene Merrick our challenge hostess for February has another fabulous challenge for us. This time round it is a Color Challenge, we had to us the colors Ruby Red, Caramel, Black and one neutral (white or ivory), we also had to incorporate dry embossed DP.

For my card I used MFT Stamps “Pure Innocence You Make The Grade” stamp set! I can never get enough of the Pure Innocence range! After coloring the blackboard with my dark grey copic marker, I then sponged on a little bit of white brilliance ink to make it look like chalk dust. I used my plaid cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the caramel background layer which I also sponged over with caramel ink. I also paper pieced the little girls sweater using the same design paper that I used on the circle layers.

CCEE1008-Makegrade2-wm Inside my card I used EK Success’ ABC Border punch to create the punched border. The sentiment is from the “You Make The Grade” stamp set that I used for the front of my card.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: PI Make The Grade – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Caramel; Red; DP
Other: Black Ink; Caramel Ink; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Red Button; Thread; Plaid Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; EK Success ABC Border Punch; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

15 comments:

jjcreations said...

I like this.....being a teacher and all!!!! Great card.

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute!! I love the little chalkboard!! What a great teacher card!!

Cindy Haffner said...

What a cutie Frances.

Vicki G said...

Ohh this is sweet!

Jana Weaver said...

Very cute Frances...LOVE it!

donna mikasa said...

love her paper pieced sweater and your chalkboard looks great!

Barbara said...

Sa-weeeet, Frances!!

Imke said...

She is such a cutie girl ! I like your coloring, really beautiful card !

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Very cute, Frances! I love the chalkboard and that alphabet border punch on the inside.

Joanne (jojot) said...

adorable and perfect use of that punch

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable!!!

CraftyC said...

What a beautiful card Frances. The image is adorable!
Clairexx

Virgo5 said...

Fabulous Frances! Wonderful use of the colours! Love the layout and the EK punch is perfect for this stamp! TFS

Mary Marsh said...

what a sweet card frances-love the pi line as well-paper piecing works so well with these images-

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, love the paper pieced sweater and the layout.