Monday, May 16, 2016

Karen Burniston May Designer Challenge Day 1



Hi everyone,

It's time for our May Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. This time round Karen has given us the theme .... Stage it Stencils - Make a project of any theme incorporating one or more stencils.


Ever since I saw the Bride & Groom dies from the Wedding Charms die set which will be released by Elizabeth Craft Designs later this month, I have been wanting to use them as a topper on the Cake Pop Up Card die set to create a wedding card. So today's challenge was the perfect time to do this. 

To create my card I started with White Soft Finish Cardstock. I positioned the Cake Pop Up on the fold of the card and ran this through my die cutting machine. I then cut another cake using photo copy paper. I trimmed the paper cake and added removable tape to the back of the paper and used this for a mask over the cake on the card.

I used the Petite Flourish Stage It Stencil and gold ink to add the stencilled design all over my card.

I die cut the Bride's Gown and the Shirt from the Groom's suit from white card that had Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the front. Covered the Adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and then layered the pieces together. I added Gold/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to the waist of the gown.

The cake stand is die cut from gold card and attached to the card. I added a border of Gold/Silver Glitter Borders & Hearts to the top of the cake stand.

The rectangle pieces that are added to the two layers of the cake were also cut from white card that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front and covered with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.  For the scallop pieces on the cake I die cut these from both gold card and white card with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front. I layered the white scallop onto the gold scallop so that there is a slight overhang. I then covered the white scallop with the Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. I added Gold/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to each of the scallops.


To the top and bottom edges of the card I have added the Decorative Edge from the Paris Edges die set. I also added a border of Gold/Silver Glitter Borders & Hearts along the edge.

I added the "Best Wishes" and " to the Happy Couple" sentiments from the Best Wishes Clear Stamp set to White Soft Finish Cardstock which I then die cut using the Stitched Circles die set and layered to a gold circle cut from the Fitted Circles die set.



For the front of the card I used the Circle Edge from the Pull Card Edges die set to cut my front panel. I again used the Petite Flourish Stage It Stencil and gold ink to add the stencilled design all over this panel. This was attached to the front of my cards that the circle part of the panel was approximately 1/2 inch from the edge of the card.

I used the Stitched Circles and Fitted Circles die sets to create the layers for my sentiment "Mr & Mrs" from the Best Wishes Clear Stamp set.

To finish off the card I added a border of the Gold/Silver Glitter Borders & Hearts along the bottom of my card.


If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (formerly Photo Continental).

Don't forget to check out  Karen Burniston's blog  on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.


I will be back tomorrow with another card I created for this challenge.

Stamps: Best Wishes Clear Stamp Set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White Soft Finish Cardstock - ECD; Gold; Black
Dies: Cake Pop Up Card; Wedding Charms; Paris Edges; Pull Card Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Fitted Circles; Stitched Circles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Stage it Stencil Mini Flourish; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm; Gold/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers; Gold/Silver Glitter Borders & Hearts
Other: Black Ink; Brilliance Galaxy Gold Ink; Foam Tape



4 comments:

S@ndy Diller said...

Love this card Frances. When I saw your clever design with the B&G on the cake, I said to myself - Why didn't I think of that? It's great.

CASTOWNE said...

Fabulous wedding card...can't wait to get my hands on those new charms to try this beautiful design.

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, this is just a PERFECT wedding card! Love the charms as cake toppers.

jojot said...

absolutely stunning