It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. My card today is inspired by a Christmas card I received from my Sister In Law. As soon as I saw the card I knew that I had to make something similar using the new ModaScrap Rose Pocket die. I love it when you find there are other ways to use a die other than for what it was intended.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Die cut a piece of pink cardstock using the Rose Pocket die.
- Place the die cut pocket on your work surface so that the right side is facing up and the semi circle at the top of the pocket is at the top. Cut off the tabs on the right hand side and bottom of the pocket (Tip: you will see a score line on the tabs which will help you to cut these off. Don't cut off the tab on the left hand side of the Rose Pocket.
- Place a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the top of the remaining tab (on the left hand side)
2. Cut a piece of dark pink card that measures 6 1/8 inches (15.5cm) x 9 inches (note the 15.5cm for the height of the card is more accurate to match the measures of the die if you have these measurements on your ruler)
- Score the card along the long edge at 4 1/2 inches.
- Before adhering the tab of the Rose Pocket to the dark pink cardstock, line up where the tab would go on the left hand side of card (secure with paperclip if necessary). Test to ensure that the card will fold correctly when you close all three sections of the card. Make adjusts to the two pink panels if necessary.
3. Measure from the bottom of the card up approximately 1 1/4inches on each score line. Make a slit the width of your ribbon from this point.
- Thread a length of ribbon through the slits as per photo above that is long enough to fold to the front and tie into a bow when the card is closed.
- Cut a piece of dark pink cardstock that measures 6 1/8 inches (15.5cm) x 4 1/2 inches to cover the panel where the ribbon is. Note: test that the card will close before adhering this panel to the card and trim down the sides if necessary.
4. Counting from the centre die, die cut the fourth circle from the Stitched Circles die set from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Counting from the centre die, die cut the third circle from the Dotted Scallop Circles die set from dark pink cardstock.
- Layer the two circles together and adhere to the top front of the pink rose pocket panel so that it is slightly overlapping the card. Trim off excess.
- Die cut another Dotted Scallop Circle from dark pink cardstock and adhere it to the back of the pink rose pocket panel so that it covers the scallop circle on the front of the card.
5. Using the Dancing Butterflies die set, die cut the large butterfly twice from dark pink cardstock.
- Adhere one of the butterflies onto the white circle on the front of the card.
- Cut off the antenna from the second butterfly. Fold the wings towards the front and adhere the body only to the butterfly already adhered to the front of the card.
6. Counting from the centre die, die cut two of the fourth rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles die set from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Counting from the centre die, die cut two of the fifth rectangle from the Dotted Scallop Rectangles die set from pink cardstock.
- Layer the white stitched rectangle to the scallop rectangle and adhere to the inside two panels as per photo above.
- Using the Dancing Butterflies die set, die cut the left facing butterfly from dark pink cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back. Adhere the butterfly to the lower right hand side of the white rectangle on the right panel of the card.
- Using the "Happy Birthday" die set, die cut from dark pink cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back. Adhere the sentiment to the centre of the white rectangle on the centre panel of the card.
7. Close the right hand panel over onto the centre panel.
- Die cut a Stitched Circle the same as the one we cut in step 4 from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Die cut a Dotted Scallop Circle the same as the one we cut in step 4 from pink cardstock.
- Adhere to the top of the dark pink panel as per photo above. (Tip: To ensure that this circle is hidden when the card is closed place the circle so it is lined up over the top of the circle on the Rose Pocket panel so that the scallops line up exactly. Place adhesive to the back of the pink circle and close the dark pink card over onto the circle. Open card up again and trim off the overhanging part of the circle from the top of the card.
- Using the Dancing Butterflies stamp set, die cut a right facing butterfly from dark pink cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back. Adhere to the centre of the white circle.
8. Close card and tie ribbon into a bow that is slightly to the right hand side of the card.
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - Pink; Dark Pink
Sheer Pink Ribbon
Die Cutting Machine