It's my turn to post a Pop It Ups Wednesday tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. I have been having fun lately creating Z fold cards using the Pop It Ups Pivot Card dies. Seeing Valentines Day is just under a week away I thought it might be fun to create a Valentine card using the Heart Pivot Card die set.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of red cardstock that measures 12 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Score at 4 inches and 8 inches.
- Cut a piece of designer paper that measures 12 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Score at 4 inches and 8 inches.
- Adhere the left hand panel of the designer paper to the left hand panel of the score red card.
- Place the centre nib of the heart pivot die to the score line on the right hand side of the card (see photo above). Run through die cutting machine.
- Carefully trim out the designer paper hearts from the heart pivot area so it reveals the red hearts from the cardstock below.
- Adhere the remaining two panels of the designer paper to the red cardstock.
2. From the Flower Pot Pop Stand die set, die cut the following:
- (4) Large Flowers from red cardstock
- (4) Medium Flowers from red cardstock
- (3) Large Flowers from pink cardstock
- (3) Medium Flowers from pink cardstock
- (5) Leaves from green cardstock
- Shape the leaves using the leaf tool and leaf pad. Add highlights to the leaves using PanPastels.
- Shape the flowers using the tools in the All Metal Tool set. Add highlights to the flowers using PanPastels.
- Adhere the medium flower into the large flower.
- Add Coral See Prills from the Flower Pot Prills set to the centres of each flower.
3. Die cut an oval from the Stitched Ovals die set from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Die cut an oval from the Dotted Scallop Ovals from gold cardstock. Layer the two ovals together.
- Attach the ovals to the centre of the far left panel using foam tape.
4. Die cut the word "Valentine" from the Love Sentiments die set from gold cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front. Remove the protective backing from the sentiment and cover adhesive with Desert Gold Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish the glitter into the adhesive with finger. Return excess glitter to jar.
- Adhere the "Valentine" sentiment to the centre of the ovals.
- Attach flowers to the card as per photo above.
5. Using the Heart Pivot Card die set die cut the following:
- (2) Large Hearts from gold cardstock
- (2) Medium Hearts from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Layer hearts together.
- Using the Best Wishes Clear Stamp set, stamp the " I love Us" and "You & Me" sentiment onto the white hearts using black ink.
- Adhere hearts to pivot hearts using foam tape.
6. Adhere remaining flowers to card as per photo above.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - Red; Pink; Green; Gold
Designer Paper - Graphic 45 Mon Amour 12 x 12 paper
Inks - Black
Multi Medium Matte