Saturday, February 24, 2018

Happily Ever After


Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Karen Aicken our challenge hostess for the month finishes off the month with one last challenge.

This is Karens Birthday Month and she likes cake. For our project this week, add a cake, cupcake or other yummy. It doesn’t have to be a birthday card - just show us something delicious.


This seemed like the perfect opportunity to play with Karen Burniston's new Cake Pop-up Card die set, I could have made a birthday card, but I have had a wedding card floating in my head for a few weeks now using this die set and the last wedding card I made disappeared not long after I made it as my daughter needed a wedding card so that is the way I went.

As you can see I have kept with a white and gold color theme, the base of the card is White Shimmer cardstock and I had a few sheets of white & gold patterned paper in a 6 x 6 paper pad I have. 


To decorate my card I used the Happily Ever After; Cake Trims and Word Set 1 - Greetings die sets also from Karen Burniston. The hearts are from the heart trim included in the Cake Trims die set.


Here is another view of my card taken at a different angle.


I kept the front of my card fairly simple as the focus is on the inside of the card. I added the "Mr & Mrs" die cut which is from a Tonic Studios die set I have had for a few years.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Supplies:


Paper: White Shimmer Cardstock; Gold; Desktop Edition Paper Pad - Project Life
Dies: Cake Pop-up; Cake Trims; Happily Ever After; Word Set 1 Greetings - Karen Burniston; Mr & Mrs Affections Insert - Tonic Studio
Other: Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 101mm



3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

This is such a perfect wedding card. LOVE all the gold.

Michelle said...

Lovely!

Betty B said...

The gold and white is so elegant and the pop up cake looks fantastic.