Hi Crafty Fiends,
It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. The new ModaScrap Happy Frame and Happy Frame XL which were released in January are so much fun and versatile. These can be used for cards, frames and lots of other fun things. One of the fun things about these dies is that you can create frames any size you wish up to approximately 8 inches and can be either square or rectangular. All you need to do is cut the die cut pieces to the size you wish to make.
For my project today I decided to create a framed art piece which can be used for a child's room using the Happy Frames XL and Vintage Hot Air Balloon Race die sets.
Here is how I created my framed art piece:
Step 1 -
Note - if you were wanting to change the size of the finished frame, you would trim the the straight edge of either two or four of the frame panels before adhering each frame panel to form a box shape.
Step 2 -
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that 7 3/4 inches square and adhere to the back of the frame.
- Using the cloud patterned paper from the ModaScrap My Little Boy 6 x 6 Patterned Paper Pack, adhere to centre of frame.
Step 3 -
- Using the Vintage Balloon Race die set, die cut two each of the detail balloon layers (one from white cardstock and one from colored cardstock). Color the basket and ropes of each hot air balloons using brown copic markers.
- Cut off the rope/basket from the colored cardstock die cut pieces and adhere over the white hot air balloons.
- Die Cut the large and medium solid balloon dies using coordinating cardstock and adhere to the back of the colored hot air balloons.
- Stamp the "heart with wings" from the A Way With Words - Soar Collection Clear Stamp set directly onto the small orange hot air balloon using black ink. Color image using colored pencils.
- Decorate all balloons with various colors of Glitter Dots.
Step 4 -
- Using the cloud die from the Adventure Edges die set, die cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock so that the cloud is 6 inches long and approximately 1 1/2 inches in height.
- Sponge the edge of the clouds using blue ink.
- Stamp the sentiment "let your dreams soar" from the A Way With Words - Soar Collection Clear Stamp set to the centre of the cloud using Black VersaFine Ink, cover sentiment with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set.
- Adhere the cloud to the bottom of frame using foam tape.
Step 5 -
- Adhere the hot air balloons inside the frame using foam tape.
Step 6 -
- Using the A Way With Words - Soar die, die cut the sentiment four times from red cardstock. Adhere each of the sentiments onto each other to form a thick sentiment.
- Adhere sentiment to lower right hand corner of frame.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - Red; Yellow; Orange; Blue; Green
Inks - Black VersaFine Ink; Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
Clear Embossing Powder