Sunday, March 30, 2008

You Old Bird!


Okay, okay I am not referring to any of you LOL ... that is just part of the sentiment that is on this particular card I made tonight so I thought that would be a good title for this card!

Today's featured stamper on SCS is Laura - aka - Scrapnextras .... I have been busy today so haven't had a lot of time to browse Laura's gallery as I would like ... I will get back to that later.... but I did spy a couple of owl cards so decided one of those would be good to CASE this week. Here is the card I finally settled on CASEing.

As per every featured stamper challenge I had to change at least 2 things in Laura's card ... here are my changes.
  • changed some of the colors
  • used a different DP from the same DP pack
  • changed the owl
  • changed the ribbon used
  • changed the sentiment
  • added the photo corner punch to the right side of card
  • changed the color of the brads used.
Don't forget to help me celebrate 12 months of blogging and win some blog candy in my post here.

Recipe:
Stamps: Bird Assortment - Inkadinkadoo
Paper: White; Pretty In Pink, Close to Cocoa; Berry Blaze DP - SU
Other: Black Ink; Close to Cocoa SU Ink; Brown Brads; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Photo Corner Punch; Foam Tape

10 comments:

Maryann said...

Way to go Frances Congratulations! boy does time fly fast.

Diane said...

Love that sentiment,I could use that one alot,lol. Great card!!

Kim said...

LOL...this is great, and I am still chuckling...awesome card, the sentiment is perfect!

CreativeMish said...

What a great card! Birds are realy in and I love this one!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Great CASE, Frances! It's adorable!

Unknown said...

Its perfect!

Linda Carson said...

Fun card! I love this layout!

Melanie said...

HA!!! love that owl and that greeting what a hoot!(ba dump bump!)

Joyce said...

Whoo Dat? Just the Old Bird having a birthday! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! Always love your owl cards!