Monday, August 12, 2013

Sweet As Pie

Sizzix-SweetPiePopNCut-wm

Hi everyone,

Recently Karen Burniston invited me to play along for this month’s Pop ‘N Cuts feature that Karen does every month with her Design Team … how exciting is that!!!

This month the challenge is to use any of the 10 Pop ‘N Cuts Imagery Inserts as pictured below.

imagery

Today I am playing with Karen’s Pop N Cuts SU Card Base Die and the Pop N Cuts Dress Form Insert which are both exclusive to Stampin’ Up.

I have seen so many wonderful things made with these dies and I wanted to come up with something I hadn’t seen already using the dress form insert and finally came up with doing a kitchen scene.

Sizzix-SweetPiePopNCut2-wm

First up we have my card when it is closed. For this I have used the SU Exclusive Pop N Cuts Card Base. I added a pie from the Hero Arts What’s the Scoop stamp set which has been stamped and layered using Karen’s Sizzix Wavy Labels Framelits set.

Sizzix-SweetPiePopNCut3-wm

For the inside of my card I used different designer papers to create the kitchen floor and wallpaper. I turned the square support piece at the back of the dress form into an oven by cutting a window into a rectangle piece of card and adding acetate to the back. I even added a handle but that got hidden when I added the dress onto my dress form.

Many of the kitchen pieces on this card are from a really old SU stamp set I have had called Love Bakes, but since making this card I have found a few other kitchen related stamp sets I just might need if I make another one Winking smile. The shelving on the right hand side was created by stamping and cutting apart and then piecing back together what I needed that would fit in the space I had … I needed something to hold all those kitchen bits and pieces.

I have again used the Wavy Labels Framelits for my sentiment which I placed on the “floor”.

Sizzix-SweetPiePopNCut4-wm

I have used Karen’s Dress Form Framelits (also exclusive to SU) to dress my dress form …  including the dress form from this set as I had to cut the bottom part away when creating the oven. I used designer paper for the dress and then a doily for the apron which was also cut out using the dress die from this Framelits set.

Sizzix-SweetPiePopNCut5-wm

Here is a close up of the oven so you see what’s cooking … well have a pie and a loaf of bread.

Stamps: Love Bakes (retired) – Stampin’ Up; Lge Cabinet – Stampington & Co; What’s the Scoop – Hero Arts
Paper: White; Red; Yellow; Grey; Nan’s Favorites DP – Kaisercraft
Dies- SU Exclusive Pop N Cuts Card Base; SU Exclusive Dress Form Insert; SU Exclusive Dress Up Framelits; Sizzix Wavy Labels Framelits
Other: Black Ink; Doily; Pearls; Ribbon; Button; Brown Hemp Cord; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

4 comments:

Karen B said...

OMG! I can't stop staring at the awesome details in this card. You even have stuff baking in the oven!!! You are over the top amazing, Frances! Thank you for accepting the challenge and for making something so spectacular. Look for it on the Sizzix blog on Thursday.

Betty B said...

WOW this is a fantanstic card! Thrilled to see that I am not the only person that still owns the 'Love Bakes'. I love your attention to detail. Maybe with KB's pop ups, 3D scenes will be back in style.

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Wow, love the kitchen scene...and the oven...it's so hot! Just so wonderful.

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is surely the guest DT for you, my template queen