I needed to make a birthday card for my Grand Niece who is turning one at the end of the month and the theme of her party is pink lady bugs. So when I saw the Elizabeth Craft Designs Lady Bug Peel-Off Stickers I knew I needed to use these to create her card.
As I wanted to replicate the dots of a lady bug it wasn't hard to decide to create an Accordion card using Karen Burniston's Oval Accordion Card die.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of white card big enough to fit one large Lady Bug and two small Lady Bugs. Apply a piece of double sided adhesive to one side of the card. Lay the liner that you just removed from the adhesive sheet on your table and remove one large and two small lady bugs from the Lady Bug Peel-Off Sticker sheet and place on the liner sheet sticky side up. Lay the adhesive side of the white card down onto the stickers and rub the back of the card so that the stickers transfer from the liner to the white card. Apply Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over each Lady Bug and polish the glitter into each of the Lady Bugs. Remove excess glitter and use Copic markers to color over the glitter. You can see this technique in more detail in Els' video which you can find here.
2. Using the Oval Accordion Card die, die cut three pages from black card. On the third page, run this back through your die cutting machine using the embossing sandwich for your die cutter so that the embossed stitching on the die is embossed onto the page. Without removing the die take a white chalk marker and color each stitch line.
3. Adhere double sided adhesive sheet to pink card. Using the Oval Dots Frame Edges die, die cut six long and six short frames. Apply frames to both sides of one of the black pages and the other set of frames to the remaining black page.
4. Apply adhesive to the tabs and join the three pages so that the two pages with the pink frames are on either side of the stitched black page. Trim off the large tab from the third page.
5. Use the Oval Accordion card die again to die cut the oval only from the "accordion page" die from pink card. Trim off the tabs etc and adhere over the black oval of the centre page.
6. Use the largest oval accessory die from the Oval Accordion Card set to cut out three white ovals. On the third oval use the stitching die from this set to create a stitched border.
7. Use black ink to stamp "Look Who's 1" to the white stitched oval and attach to the centre page using foam tape.
8. Take some Green Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz and the Curvy Leaves die and cut out four sets of leaves. You will need to use metal adaptor plate to help cut the leaves out cleanly.
9. Arrange the leaves onto your white ovals so you are happy with the arrangement and attach to the ovals using foam tape. Attach the large Lady Bug to one of the ovals and one of the smaller Lady Bugs to the other oval as per photo.
10. Adhere the last small Lady Bug to the top right hand corner of the centre accordion page using foam tape. Use two of the left over Shimmer Sheetz leaves and attach these either side of the Lady Bug.
11. Die cut the Happy Birthday sentiment five times from black card and once from pink card. Use adhesive to layer all the black sentiments into one thick sentiment, then adhere the pink sentiment to the top of this. Adhere the "Happy" to the left hand page and the "Birthday" to the right hand page.
12. Attach the white ovals to the centre panels of the left and right pages of the accordion.
13. Apply tape to the small tabs of the first two ovals. Remove the tape from the tab of the first oval and join the first oval to the centre oval. The fold of the card should be a valley fold while the two ovals will form a mountain fold. Remove the tape from the tab of the centre tab and bringing the ovals behind the oval pages join the last two ovals together. The second fold on the card should be a mountain fold and the fold of the ovals a valley fold. Trim off the excess small tab from the last oval.
And finally my completed card, folded ready to be placed in an envelope.
Here are the products I used on my card today:
|Stamps: Numbers4Trains – The Stamps of Life
|Paper: White; Black Pink
|Elizabeth Craft Designs Dies: Oval Accordion Card; Dots Frame Edge; Curvy Leaves; Happy Birthday
|Other: Black Ink; ECD Lady Bug Peel Off Stickers; ECD Adhesive Sheets; ECD Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; White Chalk Marker; Foam Tape; Copics