Monday, March 10, 2014

Hopping On By ….

PIU-FrogOwlBench2-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for our March Karen Burniston Designer Challenge, this time round our theme is Spring is in the Air!

Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen Burniston will have another of her amazing video tutorials for us.

PIU-FrogOwlBench3-wm

For my card today I used the Pop It Ups Garden Bench Pop Up die set to create a fun Spring/Easter card. Now I must confess that for me Easter isn’t in Spring seeing that I live in Australia where it is now Autumn …. but I still had fun making this card Smile.

To decorate my card I used stamps from the Hero Arts Sending Happy Thoughts stamp set.

PIU-FrogOwlBench4-wm

To create the shaped edges at the top and bottom of my card I used one of the edges from the Agatha Edges die set.

I also added the sentiment using some of the labels from the Katie Label Pivot Card die set.

PIU-FrogOwlBench5-wm

Behind the Garden Bench I used the All Seasons Tree …. I decorated the tree using the 3 different leaves from the tree and also some flowers seeing this is a spring card.

PIU-FrogOwlBench-wm

And here is the front of my card. I added the owl and a sentiment which are both also included in the stamp set I used to decorate my card. The ovals are from the Oval Accordion Card die set.

If you are looking to purchase Karen’s Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.
 
Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month. I will also be back tomorrow with another Pivot card to share with you.

Garden Bench Pop Up
Agatha Edges
All Seasons Tree
Accordion Card Oval
Katie Label Pivot Card

Stamps: Sending Happy Thoughts Stamp Set – Hero Arts
Paper: White; Pink; DP
Pop It Ups Dies: Garden Bench Pop-Up; Agatha Edges; All Seasons Tree; Katie Label Pivot Card; Oval Accordion Card – Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Rhinestones; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Frances this is a WONDERFUL card for Spring. Or should I say wonderFALL? :-) Love how you decorated the tree, and all the other little details too. Like the mushrooms!
Cheers, Karen

stampingcaz said...

so adorable!

Caz

Karen B said...

It's downunderful, as usual (I must keep saying it so it becomes a thing!) Thanks for playing along with an off-season theme. I could stare at this card for hours and still not see all the details. Perfection!

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

So cute! Love all the little animals with googlie eyes.

Joanne (jojot) said...

very cool use of those dies....fab and fun scene