It’s my turn to post a project on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. This time round I decided to use the one of the grids from Susan’s Garden Patch range of dies to create a scene you might see looking out of a window.
Here is how I created my card:
1. To create the base card -
- Cut a piece of green card 5 7/8 inches x 11 6/8 inches. Score along the long side at 5 7/8 inches so you have a top folded card card 5 7/8 inches square.
- Cut a piece of brown card 5 11/16 inches square.
- Cut a piece of designer paper 5 1/2 inches square.
- Layer the designer paper onto the brown card and then onto the top folded card. Set aside.
2. Cut a piece of cream card 3 3/8 inches x 5 inches. Apply blue ink to the inside of the Clouds Embossing Folder and place the cream card inside. Run through die cutting machine. Color the bottom part of the cream card with a green copic marker.
3. Using the CountryScapes The Woods 1 die set die cut the following:
- 1 each of the Tree and branches from Kraft Card
- 6 each Leaves from Green Card.
Add detail to the tree trunk and branches using a brown copic marker. Adhere the tree to the left side of the cream piece of card and then adhere the leaves all over the tree.
4. Using the CountryScapes Backyard 1 die set die cut the following:
- 4 each Tall Grass from Green Card
- 1 Watering Can from Orange Card.
Add shading to the grass & watering can using copic markers.
5. Die cut the large grid from the Garden Patch – 1 1/2 inch & Mini Petals die four times from Brown Card, adhere the grids on top of each other to give height. Adhere the grid over the top of the tree scene trimming off any branches or leaves hanging over the card.
6. Attach "Window" scene to the right hand side of our base card as per photo above.
7. To finish of the front of the card adhere a green button which has been threaded with hemp cord to the top left hand corner of the card.
The Inside of the Card:
8. Cut the following card
- Brown Card 5 11/16 inches square.
- Cream Card 5 1/2 inches square.
Layer the cream card to the brown card and adhere to the inside of the card.
9. Using five of the 1 1/2 inch brown squares which are left over from die cutting the brown grids in step 5, adhere them to the inside of the card as per photo above.
10. Stamp sentiment "The Best Things in Life" in the centre of the square of cream card using black ink.
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.