Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Give it a Whirl!


Hi everyone,

My project today is for a challenge I am doing with a couple of friends of mine. Each month we get together and go to our favorite stamp/scrapbook store and come home with one or two new goodies. So we decided to also challenge ourselves each month using a product we all have.

At a Christmas party last year, my friend Gai gave me my Christmas gift in a gift bag that she had decorated. My other friend wrote done this idea to use as a challenge sometime this year and this is what we are doing today. Decorating a gift bag.

To decorate my gift bag, I started with a store bought white gift bag which had handles. I used a stencil and my copic air brush to decorate both side of the back using bright colors. I also airbrushed the sides of the bag, but I didn't use the stencil on the sides.



At the craft show I was demoing at back in March, one of the other demos on the stand I was working on, was demoing the new Pinwheel Punch Board ... guess who ended up taking one home with her???? Yeap me!!!! I figured it would be fun to make pinwheels for my Grandchildren.  So of course as you can see, this is what I used to decorate my gift bag ... a pinwheel! It is attached to the front of the bag, but it can be removed so it can be played with and the pinwheel does actually move.


Stamps: Perfect Pinwheel Sentiments - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Alenka DP - Kaisercraft
Other: Scrambled Letters Stencil - Simon Says Stamp; Pinwheel Punch Board - We R Memory Keepers; MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax; White Gift Bag; Copic Airbrush; Copics



4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Fun challenge, and great project. I love your pinwheel decoration!

fran said...

I love how bright and fun this bag looks!

Joanne (jojot) said...

how fun is this.....I bought a pinwheel die (actually 2...a small and large.....)....have never used the larger one.....love how you did

Maryann said...

Frances you have made an amazing gift bag. It was certainly a winner and people's choice for our challenge.