It's my turn to post a project for today’s Pop it Ups Wednesday tutorial over on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. Christmas is just a day away which means that we will soon be farewelling 2015 and welcoming the new year 2016. So today I am sharing a New Years card using Brownie the Cow and the Tags Pivot Card die set.
Here is how I created my card:
- Using a piece of 12 inch square designer paper score at 6 inches. Fold designer paper in half.
- Open the designer paper up again and this time fold in the opposite direction so the pattern we want to be seen when the card is complete is on the inside.
- Take the piece of Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape 6 inches x 12 inches and cover one side of the paper. Remove protection backing and refold the paper so that you now have the designer paper pattern on both sides sides.
- Trim designer paper down so it measures 8 1/2 inches x 5 3/4 inches.
2. Score along the 8 1/2 inch side of the card at 4 1/4 inches. Place the centre nubs of the main pivot die from the Tags Pivot Card so it is centred on the score line and run through die cutting machine.
- Take a scrap of black card stock and place the main pivot card die onto this card and run through die cutting machine.
- Trim out just the Tag portion from the black card and adhere this over the tags on the designer paper piece.
3. Using the Brownie the Cow Character die set die cut the following:
- (1) Solid Cow Body from black card
- (1) Detail Cow Body from white card (apply Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to back of card before die cutting)
- (1) Set of Cow Horns from white card (apply Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to back of card before die cutting)
- (1) Set of Eyes from white card (apply Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to back of card before die cutting)
- (1) Set of Hooves from black card (apply Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to back of card before die cutting)
- (1) Cow Face from pink card (apply Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to back of card before die cutting)
- Using a black marker create cow spots randomly over the white detail cow’s body.
- Assemble Brownie the Cow. You can view Karen Burniston’s video on how to assemble Brownie the Cow here.
4. Using three of the tag die from the Tags Pivot Card die set die cut using White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Attach the Cow to the largest tag using foam tape and then adhere this tag to the largest pivot tag on the card again using foam tape.
- Using the Numbers & More die set die cut the numbers “2 0 1 6” from black card that has Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back. Attach the numbers to the two smaller tags referring to photo above for placement.
- Using the “and Happy New Year” sentiment from the Merry & Bright Clear Stamp set. Mask all of the sentiment except for the word Happy using masking tape or post it notes. Ink Up the word Happy using black ink and stamp towards the bottom of the middle tag.
- Now mask the sentiment so just the word Year! can be stamped and stamp this onto the other tag.
- Add the word “moo” above the word year on the last tag by using the Black Alphabet 1 Lower Key Peel Off Stickers.
- Attach the remaining tags to the tag pivot portion of the right side of the card.
- Thread black ribbon through the holes of each of the tags and tie off using white hemp cord.
5. Decorate the inside of the card by die cutting the decorative ribbon from the Ribbon & Jewels die set from both black card and white card (apply Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to back of card before die cutting) Note: You will have to die cut a total of 4 of each color to complete the card.
- Adhere the white decorative ribbon to the lower portion of the card and then apply the black so it is offset from the white ribbon so both colors can be seen.
- Add Black/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to the circle portion of the die cut.
- Using the Fitted Frames 1 Lace Rectangles die set, die cut the largest photo corner from black card (apply Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to back of card before die cutting). Adhere the photo corners to the top left and right corners of the inside of the card.
6. Using black card that has Double Sided Adhesive Tape adhered on the back, die cut the letters “W H A T S M O O” from the Alphabet 1 Caps die set. Also die cut the symbol @ from the Numbers & More die set.
- Referring to the photo above attach the letters onto the card. Create the apostrophe by cutting part of @ symbol and by adding a inner circle from either the number 6 or number 9 from the Numbers & More die set.
- Decorate the lower portion of the card by adding the decorative ribbon from the Ribbons & Jewels die set as we did in step 5 on the inside of the card.
7. Add the remaining decorative ribbon from the Ribbons & Jewels die set along the bottom of the back of the card.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 973 Tags Pivot Card 1022 Brownie the Cow 967 Alphabet 1 -Caps 968 Numbers & More 1 1061 Fitted Frames 1 Lace Rectangles 1070 Ribbons & Jewels CS003 Merry & Bright Clear Stamp Set 1281 Alphabet 1 Lower Key Black Peel Off Stickers 7018 Black/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers PSF102 Soft Finish Cardstock 8.5″ x 11″ 270gr/100b 10 pack 509 Transparent Double Sided Tape 152mm 508 Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm Other: Cardstock: black, pink Designer Paper: Pink Paislee Rainbow Bright Designer Paper Black Ribbon White Hemp Cord Ink: Black Foam Tape