Today have a tutorial on how to create the card above using products from Elizabeth Craft Designs. For my project today I have used two of the dies from the Bead Strings 1 die set to create a tone on tone background. I also used the Stitched Ovals and Dotted Scallop Ovals to layer the A Way with Words Happy Birthday sentiment. To finish off my card I added the Susan's Garden Coreopsis.
Here's how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of Perfect Pink Soft Finish Cardstock so that it measures 5 1/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches.
- Adhere a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to a piece of Perfect Pink Soft Finish Cardstock that measures approx 7 inches x 6 1/2 inches. Die cut 7 each of the two straight dies included in the Bead Strings 1 die set.
- Attach the die cut borders onto the 5 1/4 inch square Perfect Pink Soft Finish cardstock, so that the borders were attached diagonally as per photo above.
- Layer this card onto a piece of Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock that is 5 1/2 inches square.
- Cut a piece of Rosebud Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 5 3/4 inches x 11 1/2 inches. Score along the 11 1/2 inch side at 5 3/4 inches and fold. Attach the layers created previously onto the Top Folded Card.
2. Counting from the small centre die, die cut the third die from the Stitched Ovals die set and die cut from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Counting from the small centre die, die cut the fourth die from the Dotted Scallop Ovals die set and die cut from Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Layer white oval to black scallop oval and attach to the centre of the card using foam tape.
3. Attach a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to a piece of Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock and Rosebud Soft Finish Cardstock which are big enough to fit the A Way with Words - Happy Birthday sentiment die.
- Die cut the sentiment from both colors of cardstock and layer the pink sentiment to the black sentiment so that the sentiment is slightly offset.
- Attach sentiment to Oval on the front of the card.
4. Using the Susan's Garden - Coreopsis flower die, die cut all the pieces from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Using distress inks, color the petals pink, the leaves green and the stamen yellow. You can find a video on how to create the flower here.
- Adhere completed flower to the lower left hand side of card underneath the oval panel.
5. The inside of the Card:
- Die cut two additional borders from the Bead Strings 1 die set from Perfect Pink Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back. Adhere borders to the left side of the inside of the card as per photo above.
- Using the sentiments "You're the Best" and "Happy Birthday" from the General Sentiment Clear Stamp set and stamp onto the centre of the inside of card using black ink.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Inks - Black; Spun Sugar Distress Ink; Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink; Peeled Paint Distress Ink
Die Cutting Machine