Monday, June 20, 2016

Karen Burniston June Designer Challenge Day 1


Hi everyone,

It's time for our May Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. This time round Karen has given us the theme ....  Summer Lovin'! Make a project to celebrate Summer - this could be nature, or beach or 4th of July or anything that means "summer" to you.

For my first card for this challenge, I decided to go with a beach theme.



As you can see I have created another Pull Tab card using the Hanging Charm Pull Tab die set. To create the layers for the base of my card I have used the Stitched and Dotted Scallop Square die set and the Dotted Scallop Rectangles die set.

Rather than use the frame that comes with the Hanging Charm Pull Tab, I decided to use the Stitched Ovals and Dotted Scallop Ovals.


Here is another look at my card taken at a different angle so you can see how the card pops up.

When the pull tab is pulled to the open position it reveals the message "Just a note to say" from the Just a Note Clear Stamp set.


To decorate my card I used Rocky the Crab, along with the Palm Tree and Pail die sets. 

To create the waves and sand along the bottom of the oval shape, I die cut the card stocks using the Stitched Oval die and then used the waves and sand dies from the Beach Edges die set. 

All the elements except for the crab were die cut using Soft Finish Cardstock (I already had Rocky made up waiting to be used)

I used the Sun from the Oval Pull Card die set on the top of the Pull Tab to which I stamped the arrow from the Steampunk Clear Stamp set.



I chose to keep my Pull Tab card a flat card, so I decorated the back of the card with more designer paper and a couple of sentiments.

The "hello" is from the Rectangle Accordion Card die set and the Summer is from the A Way with Words 4 Seasons die set.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (formerly Photo Continental).

Don't forget to check out  Karen Burniston's blog  on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.


I will be back tomorrow with another card I created for this challenge.



Stamps: Just a Note Clear Stamps; Steampunk Clear Stamps - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Sunflower; Bright Orange; Spring Green; Dark Chocolate; Rust; Bluebell; Buttercream Soft Finish Cardstock; Red; Black; Sunkissed Beach Party DP - Doodlebug Inc.
Dies: Hanging Charm Pull Tab; Palm Tree and Pail; Rocky the Crab; Beach Edges; Oval Pull Card; Oval Accordion Card  - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Stitched Squares; Dotted Scallop Squares; Dotted Scallop Rectangles; Stitched Ovals; Dotted Scallop Ovals; A Way with Words 4 Seasons - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape
Other: Black Ink; Gathered Twigs Distress Ink; Shabby Shutters Distress Ink; Foam Tape



3 comments:

Maryann said...

Stunning Frances, so bright and cheerful just perfect for the summer

CASTOWNE said...

Oh, Frances, you have created another WOW! card. A perfect card for summer, and the sun pull tab is great.

Karen Aicken said...

Oh gosh, this is SO darn fun. Great card, Frances.