Hi Crafty Friends,
It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. I have been having fun this year creating a lot of snowy Christmas scenes for my Christmas cards especially using distress oxides to create my skies. Christmas were I live down here in Australia is in summer, so we enjoy a hot Christmas day with cold lunches and probably swimming in a pool. As we don't experience snow, it is fun to create snowy scenes on paper instead.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 -
- Using the largest rectangle from the Dashing Rectangles die set die cut a rectangle from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Using Distress Oxide inks in Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and Blueprint Sketch apply the ink to the rectangle using a blending tool, blending each color as you go.
- Place a small amount of white paint onto an acrylic block or similar and water down slightly. Load a paint brush with the paint and then splatter this over the top portion of the cardstock by tapping the tip of the paintbrush with your finger. Allow paint to dry.
Step 2 -
- Die cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front using the rectangle die used to cut out the rectangle in step 1.
- Use the snow border from the Adventure Edges die set, die cut two snow banks, making one higher than the other.
- Remove the protective backing from the adhesive and cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Return excess glitter to the jar and then polish the glitter into the adhesive to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Adhere snow banks to rectangle panel, referring to photo above for placement.
Step 3 -
- Using the Fitted Circles die set, use the 3rd smallest circle to die cut a circle from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Sponge around circle using Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink
- Adhere the circle to the top right hand corner of card so part of the circle is overlapping the edge of the card. Trim off excess cardstock.
Step 4 -
- Using the Pine Tree die from the Reindeer die set, die cut two trees from green cardstock. Sponge edges with Forest Moss Distress Oxide ink.
- Cut the bottom quarter of tree of one of the trees and three quarters from the second tree.
- Adhere trees to cards, so that the bottom of trees are slightly under the top of the snowbank.
Step 5 -
- Die cut all pieces for the Moose from White Soft Finish Cardstock. (Note: for the baubles, die cut with Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the top).
- Color pieces using Copic Markers referring to photo above for coloring.
- Apply True Red Silk Microfine Glitter to two of the baubles and Green Silk Microfine Glitter to the remaining two baubles.
- Assemble as per photo above.
Step 6 -
- Using the Santa die set die cut the following:
- Hat, Santa Suit and Pants from red cardstock
- Face and Nose from Flesh Cardstock (or die cut from white and color using copic markers)
- Hat trim and pom pom, Santa Suit trim, Pant Trim, Beard and Moustache from White Velvet Adhesive Sheet
- Bell from gold cardstock
- Gloves and buttons from black cardstock.
- Assemble Santa referring to photo above for placement.
- Add details to eyes using a black marker.
Step 7 -
- Adhere the moose to the card using liquid adhesive.
- Adhere Santa to card using foam tape.
- Wrap gold thread around the antlers of the moose and adhere glittered baubles to the ends using foam tape.
- Using the Ho Ho Ho sentiment from the A Way With Words - Flourished Christmas Mini die set, die cut two sentiments from green cardstock.
- Layer sentiments to each other for extra depth and adhere on top of moon.
Step 9 -
- Create a card base by cutting a piece of white cardstock that measures 4 1/2 inches x 11 1/2 inches. Score along the long side at 5 3/4 inches and fold to create a top folding card base.
- Adhere decorated rectangle panel on top of card base.
Step 10 - Inside of Card:
- Using the snow bank from the Reindeer die set, die cut two snowbanks from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front.
- Remove protective backing and cover adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Return excess glitter to jar and polish the glitter into the adhesive using your finger to get maximum sparkle.
- Adhere glittered snowbanks to bottom of inside of card referring to photo above for placement.
Step 11 -
- Die cut pine tree from the Reindeer die set from green cardstock. Color the trunk of the tree brown using marker. Sponge the edges of the tree using Forest Moss Distress Ink. Adhere tree to left hand side of the card referring to photo above for placement.
Step 12 -
- Using the "Ho Ho Ho", "Merry" and "Christmas" sentiments from the A Way With Words - Christmas Collection Clear Stamp set, stamp onto the top right hand side of card using red ink.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.