Saturday, December 13, 2008

Scraplings!

It's time for another Hanna Stamps challenge over on the Hanna Stamps member forum of SCS.
This week the challenge was to create a scrapling.

Ok so what is a scrapling you ask??? I have to admit that until Beth told the design team about this challenge a few days ago I had no idea either. Well basically they are made from the scraps you get when you cut down a sheet of card to create a square card or for that matter any other card.

Some of the examples I have seen of scraplings measure 1¼”x 4¼” ..... I have made mine a little wider than that at 2 1/4". I don't think size really matters it is more the fact that you are using up those off cut scraps that you might normally throw out.

I used mostly scraps to create both my scrapling cards today. The only thing on this first card that wasn't scraps was the ribbon, this was actually a white ribbon ... I used an alcohol marker to create the color I needed for this card.

I used one of the new Hanna images from the "Slumber Party" set.

This second one was all made up out of scraps ... even the ribbon was one I had already tied for something else and then went with a completely different color for that other project.

Recipe:
Stamps: Slumber Party Hanna; Ballet Sophie G; Everyday Sentiments; Things Hanna Would Say - Hanna Stamps
Paper: White; Real Red, Pretty In Pink - SU; DP - Basic Grey & Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics



7 comments:

Vicki G said...

These are Precious Frances!!!!!!

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Awesome use of scraps!!!

DeeDee said...

Well, these are just the cutest!!!! I love using scraps!!!

Jaspere said...

Those are the cutest. Its also good to see someone using scraps. I have quite the collection going myself.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh cool Frances, I love both of them, great idea.

Tracey said...

Thanks for clearing up the mystery of the scrapling for me!!! Your cards are just adorable!!!

Regina Easter said...

these are adorable...love them