Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Floating By To Say Hi!

PP-Mermaid-Easel2-wm

Hi everyone!
It is time for another Pretties Wednesday Challenge & Blog Hop. If you didn't hop onto my blog via Christi Thorsen's blog then you might want to hop back over to the very start of the blog hop which is at Christie Ortman's blog.

This week it is my turn to issue the challenge which is a sketch challenge.

I decided to use the new “Under the Sea” Sophia for my card today … isn’t she just adorable, this will be the SOTM for January. I masked the mermaid and used my copic airbrush to add color around the image … this looks a lot clearer in real life then in the photo.

PP-Mermaid-Easel-wm As you can see I decided to turn my card into another Easel card … if you haven’t worked out by now I am getting completely hooked on these cards. They are just soooooooo easy to create. This time round I decided to use a jumbo brad in the centre of the base to keep the front of my card standing upright.

PWC80

Want to play along with us
How to Enter: Create a card using the challenge above and any Paper Pretties stamp set(s) you have. Upload your project to the Paper Pretties gallery. Please include it in the Weekly Challenges category and use keyword PWC80.
Deadline: 6pm EST Tuesday, December 8th.
Prize: $15.00 coupon to the Paper Pretties Boutique.

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Paper Pretties Design team to see what they came up with for this challenge.

Now to continue on the hop you need to head on over to Heather Lee-Reppen’s blog to see what she has created for this week’s challenge.

Recipe:
Stamps: Under The Sea – Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Blue; Orange; Off Shore DP - Kaisercraft
Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Sizzix Texture Plate; Modern Label Tag Punch; Blue Brads; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

11 comments:

Tracey said...

Love this Frances! The colours are fabulous!

Cindy Haffner said...

She is so pretty Frances, I love your sketch and will have to use it soon.

Kristy said...

Love this Frances! Your sketch was fun to use also!

Unknown said...

Very cool Frances! The colors and dp are perfect - the sketch is great - and I love your easel design!! :)

Jana Weaver said...

This is adorable Frances...love the coloring job! And I LOVE the sketch...great job!

Christi Flores said...

This is amazing Frances!! Wow!!

Jackie said...

What a great sketch Frances! And I just love your little Under the Sea card! The colors are fabulous and she looks so pretty!

Jessica Diedrich said...

How cute, Frances! Love Sophia as a mermaid!

Danni said...

What fun colors! Great card!

Anonymous said...

Love the orange! She is coloured perfect Frances!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Fabulous colors!! This was a really fun sketch challenge!