It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. I used the Joset Designs Sled and A Way with Words - Noel sentiment to create an ornament which can be used to decorate your tree. The Sled is symmetrical so it was easy to be able to make the ornament double sided.
After creating the ornament I thought that these would be fun to give to teachers, friends or family as small gifts so a fun way to present those would be on a front of a card, so I also created a quick card to add the sled to. When you remove the sled from my card the card is blank, if you would prefer you could add another sled under the ornament sled so that when the sled is removed you still have a decorated card.
Here's how I created my project:
1. The Ornament -
- (2) Sleds from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- (1) Sled from Kraft Cardstock
- (2) Sled Triangle Bar from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- (2) Sled Long Oval from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- (4) Poinsettias from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- (4) Leaves from White Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- Sponge color onto all the White Soft Finish Sled pieces using brushed corduroy distress ink for the sled pieces; festive berries distress ink for the poinsettias and peeled paint distress ink for the leaves.
- Assemble the sled pieces over the kraft sled for added strength using photo above for guide.
- Adhere the tiniest Gold/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers over all the nail holes on the sled.
- Adhere the largest Gold/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to centres of all poinsettias.
2. Die cut the A Way with Words - Noel sentiment from Red Metallic Shimmer Sheetz that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back. (Tip - when die cutting Shimmer Sheetz using the Metal Adapter plate or Precision Plate)
- Attach the Noel sentiment to front of the sled.
- Cut a length of gold cord and thread through the holes in the sled cross piece which will be used to hang the sled ornament.
View of the back of the finished ornament.
3. The Card -
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 6 1/4 inches x 7 1/2 inches. Score along the 7 1/2 inch side at 3 3/4 inches, fold to create a 6 1/4 inch x 3 3/4 inch side folding card.
- Using the largest rectangle from the Postage Stamp Rectangles die set, die cut one rectangle from Ladybug Red Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Cut the rectangle in half.
- Place a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape at the fifth indent as per photo above and join the two pieces together so that the rectangle is now approx 3 1/4 inches wide from point to point of the scallops.
- Cut a piece of designer paper that measures 2 7/8 inches x 5 1/8 inches. Adhere to the front of the red rectangle and attach to centre of the card.
- Position the ornament on the front of the card so that it is centred on the decorative panel. Using a pencil make a mark on either side of the centre bar of the sled.
- Remove the ornament, open up the card and punch holes on the pencil marks so that the holes go through all layers of the front of the card.
- Thread a piece of red ribbon through the holes and tie the ornament to the front of the card.
4. The Inside of the Card -
Elizabeth Craft Designs -
Designer Paper - Authentique Classic Christmas Classic Seven 12 x 12 Designer Paper
Inks - Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink; Festive Red Distress Ink; Peeled Paint Distress Ink