Friday, July 18, 2014

Happy Howloween!

KB-PoppyHalloween1-wm

Hi everyone,

I have been having sooooo much fun playing with Karen Burniston’s new dies, today I am sharing a card I created using the new Poppy the Owl  Character Dies to create a Halloween card.

KB-PoppyHalloween2-wm

I was recently sorting out which dies I needed to take with me for a demoing I was doing at a Paper Crafts show here and I discovered the base of this card sitting there which I had created a while back using the Katie Label Pivot Card but I hadn’t decorated. I thought it would be perfect for a Halloween card so I grabbed Poppy the Owl and got started creating. 

To create Poppy the Owl I die cut the pieces using Beige and Black Velvet Adhesive Sheets and then added a witches hat.

The labels on the pivot section are from the new Katie Label Accordion Card set.

The branch that the owl is sitting on was created using the All Season Tree set.

I figured it needed something with a Halloween theme at the bottom of the card so I used the Elizabeth Craft Designs Pumpkin. To create the faces on the pumpkins I used the negative pieces I got when I cut the black overlay pieces.

KB-PoppyHalloween-wm

Here is the front of my card. I added a couple more pumpkins to the lower right hand side of my card and added a black piece of card over the fold which I have embossed using the Dancing Leaves Embossing Folder.

KB-PoppyHalloween3-wm

Here is a look at my card from the back … I love that even the backs of these cards have something to look at Smile.

Stamps: Happy Howloween – Stampendous
Paper: Black; Rust; Green; DP
Dies: Poppy the Owl; Katie Label Pivot Card; Katie Label Accordion; All Season Tree – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Pumpkin – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Beige &  Black Velvet Adhesive Sheet; ECD Dancing Leaves Embossing Folder; Foam Tape

 

#aa-owl-signature

3 comments:

Cheryl First said...

This is totally awesome! Love everything you've done with it!

Karen Aicken said...

AACK - this is HOWLING fabulous. SO fun, Frances!!!
Cheers
Karen

Unknown said...

Frances, totally love this card!!