Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Baby Is …

CCEE1430Baby1-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week Shirley Quarry, continues to bring us a fun challenge.

Our challenge this week is a Recipe Challenge … Use 2 circles, 1 oval and two or more octagons (or hexagons/decagons) on your card.

CCEE1430Baby-wm

I recently popped into a scrapbooking store to pick up something I needed and while I was there checked out the designer papers. I found a new Kaisercraft Baby Paper Pad which had this cute hexagon Designer Paper inside and I knew immediately I had to make a baby card for this challenge and use this paper.

I also recently purchased this cute Bebunni stamp which I have been wanting to play with so of course I grabbed that out of my stash.

I have included the two circles … the one that the bunny image is layered to and the one on the top  right hand side. The oval is the sentiment and the hexagons of course the designer paper. I thought my card needed something else so I found a square button (didn’t want to add any more circles) and some twine.

CCEE1430Baby2-wm

As you can see I created another pop up for the inside of my card … I love pop ups. This time round I have used the Lorna Label Pop Up designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Crafts Designs, this is one of the new dies which was released this month.

I used another another new stamp on the inside … this time a verse. The “A Baby is” at the bottom rectangle panel is normally the first part of the sentiment, however as it didn’t fit in the label I masked of the sentiment and stamped them separately.

CCEE1430Baby3-wm

Here is the inside of my card again, this time as a side view so you can see the pop up portion easier.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

  • Amber Hillman
  • Anne Harmon
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Liz Williams
  • Lois Bak
  • Lynn McAuley
  • Maryann Einam
  • Sabrina Friel
  • Vicky Gould

     

    Stamps: Bebunni Built with Love – Crafter’s Companion; A Wee Bit of Heaven – Verses
    Paper: White; Cream; Pink; Pitter Patter DP – Kaisercraft
    Dies: Lorna Label Pop Up – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Circle Dies; Oval Dies
    Other: Black Ink; Pink Button; Cream Twine; Foam Tape; Copics

     

    #aa-owl-signature

  • 9 comments:

    Lynn McAuley said...

    Precious and beautiful, Frances! What a treasure this will be for a new mom! Exquisite work!

    Vicky Gould said...

    Everything about this cutie screams "precious"....what a sweet, sweet keepsake for mom and dad!

    Liz Williams said...

    Frances, the beautiful work you do on these fancy folded cards that are so special in every way. Love this sweet one for a baby girl.

    Lois said...

    A very sweet card. I like the quilt-like background for this adorable baby card.

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    adorable, Hoots...loving all the pink

    jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

    Just darling! Love the dp!

    Sabrina said...

    Sweet, pretty and totally adorable!

    Maryann said...

    super cute, love the designer paper

    Karen Aicken said...

    Awwww - what a sweet, sweet baby card. Love it!
    Cheers
    Karen A