It’s my turn to post a card on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today.
Did you know there is only 5 months or 153 days until Christmas! I hate doing the last minute rush of getting Christmas cards made so I like to start in July and get a few made each month so I have a stash of them ready to send out in December. So today I am sharing a Christmas card I created using some of the new Circle Spiral Pull Card (designed by Karen Burniston) and the Candle Die which have both been released by Elizabeth Craft Designs this month.
1. Cut a piece of red card so that it is 8 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Score the card along the 8 1/2 inch side at 4 1/4 inches. Place the Circle Spiral Pull Card die so that the centre lugs on the die line up on the centre score line of the card and slightly up towards the top of the card. Run this though your Die Cutting Machine.
2. Die cut the following pieces from the Candle Die Set: 1 Candle Base and 1 Candle Drip from white card that has Double Sided Adhesive applied to it, add Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to these pieces after die cutting. 2 Holly Leaves and 2 Pine Branches from Green card, sponge green ink to Holly Leaves after die cutting. 1 Poinsettia Flower from Red Card; 1 Large Flame from Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz; 1 Medium Flame & 1 Flower Centre from Yellow Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz and 1 Small Flame from Orange Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz.
3. Assemble Candle as per the photo above.
4. Attach the Candle to the left side of Red Circle Spiral Pull Card base using foam tape.
5. Use the Circle Accessory Die from the Circle Spiral Pull Card Die set and cut out a circle from white card. Use the Merry Christmas (944) Die and Red Velvet Adhesive Sheet to die cut greeting. Attach the Merry Christmas greeting to the white card and then add this to the centre circle of base card using foam tape as per photo above.
6. Place the spiral die inside the circle die both from the Circle Spiral Pull Card Die set and die cut a piece of Red card.
7. Apply some glue around the outer edge of the spiral piece you die cut in step 6 and attach this to the other side of the circle panel of the base card.
Next apply glue to the centre of the spiral and close the card and apply pressure for a few seconds until glue has time to dry. Open up card again and the spiral will look like the card in the lower right hand side in photos above.
8. Die cut 10 Poinsettia Flowers from Red Card; 10 Holly Leaves from Green Card; 6 Pine Branches from Green Card (sponge edges with green ink after die cutting) and 10 Flower Centres from Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz.
9. Add Yellow Shimmer Sheetz Flower Centres to the centre of each Poinsettia Flower. Adhere a Holly Leaf behind each of the Poinsettia Flowers and then attach the Pine Branches to the back of 6 of the assembled flowers. The first two flowers on the spiral (top left hand side) are single flowers attached to spiral using foam tape. Add 4 more completed flowers along the spiral using the 4 flowers without the pine branch at the back of each flower. (Note: you may need to have the holly leaves on the 4 flowers which are backing the flowers on the spiral in reverse so that they match the holly leaves that can been seen on the front of the spiral).
10. Die cut the smallest tag from the Tag Die Set from white card and stamp sentiment onto this using black ink. Attach the tag to the centre of the spiral so the hole on the tag is under the flower as per photo above.
11. Add a striped Designer Paper which is 1 3/8 inch wide to the right hand edge of card.
12. Add a Green Candy Dot to each of the closures on the right hand side of the card.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
- 916 Spiral Circle Pull Card (designed by Karen Burniston)
- 919 Candle 944 Merry Christmas 7
- 63 Tags
- SS 0229 Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz
- SS 0108 Yellow Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz
- SS 0109 Orange Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz
- 501 Double Sided Adhesive
- 641 Cool Diamond Silk Microsoft Glitter
- 402 Red Velvet Sheet
- Red Card
- Green Card
- White Card
- Authentique Wonder 6 x 6 Paper Pad
- Foam Tape
- FM Clear Stamps Little Messages Stamp Set
- Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue
- Green Candy Dots
- Green Ink Pad
- Black Ink Pad