Saturday, August 30, 2014

Happy Happy Birthday

C4C251Roses1wm

Hello everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week our challenge hostess for August, Helen Cryer finishes off the month with one last challenge.

For our challenge this week Helen has given us an Inspiration Challenge using the photo below.

C4C251

C4C251Roseswm

As you can see by the photo above, I took my inspiration from the colors, the stripes of colors and the roses.

I die cut a panel of each of the different colors which were included in the inspiration photo and adhered them to my folded white card.

The Penny Black Rose stamp has to be my favorite flower stamp I have so of course I had to get the die which I finally found at our Paper Craft Show back in June. I die cut two of the roses, colored using ink pads and a sponging block, and then I layered them to my card using foam tape. I used two different thicknesses of foam tape so that one of the roses was raised a little higher than the other.


C4C251Roses2wm

Of course, if you know me I LOVE making pop up cards so for the inside I created a pop up using the Lucy Label Pop Up card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I took a different sized die and created four more panels of the colors like I did on the outside and added them in the inside, for the middle color I just die cut the pop up label again and added that over the white.

I then die cut two more roses and added those to the top and bottom panels.

C4C251Roses3wm

Here is a side on view of my card so you can see the pop up panel a little better.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Karen Aicken
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry
  • Donna Wright (August Guest Designer)


  • Stamps: Seaside Wishes (sentiment on front) - Sugar Pea Designs; Great Birthday Greetings - CC Designs
    Paper: White; Pale Pink; Pink; Blue; Pale Green; Brown
    Dies: Lucy Label Pop Up - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; MFT Die-namics HZ Stitched Strips; Rose Die- Penny Black.
    Other: Black Ink; Pink Inks; Green Inks; Foam Tape

    #aa-owl-signature

    2 comments:

    Jill said...

    Such an awesome card!! Congrats on the Penny Black Facebook mention!

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    what a beauty.....love how you aced the colors