Friday, October 31, 2014

Elizabeth Craft Designs October Designer Challenge

ECDWinterBirdTagwm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for our October Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog today at 8AM MST when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Our theme this month is create a project using the new Tags & More dies.

For my first project today I decided to create a Tag Card using the new Tags & More 2 Dies. To create this I used the tag die from the set and die cut two tags from red card and one from designer paper. I used the decorative overlay from the set on the tag cut from designer paper.

I then adhered the designer paper tag to one of the red tags. I scored about 1 inch down on the other red tag and adhered this top section of the tag to the other tag to form a folded card.

ECDWinterBirdTag2wm

I decorated my tag using the Winter Birds Circles (SKU 8546) Peel Off Sticker which had been attached to a card which had been layered with Double Sided Adhesive Paper and the applied Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and then colored with Copics.  This was added to the left side of my tag so part of the image was hanging off the side.

I used Red/Gold Glitter Dots which I added in a circle around the Winter Birds image.

At the bottom of the card I used the Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper which I have cut apart and added in to lines. I actually die cut three of the sentiments and layered them on top of each other to give a thicker look.

At the top of the tag I added a bow and button.

ECDWinterBirdTag3wm

Here is the inside of my tag card …. I added a sentiment using the Season’s Greetings Peel off Stickers. The holly is from the Winter Birds Peel off Stickers.

Peel Off Stickers: Winter Birds Circles; Season’s Greetings; Red/Gold Glitter Dots – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Red; Green; Holly Lane DP – Wild Rose Studio
ECD Dies: Tags & More 2; Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper
Other ECD Products: Double Sided Adhesive Paper; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter

ECDTreeTagwm

For my second project today I have created a card which I have added the Tags & More 1 to the front.

I have die cut the main tag die from designer paper and also red card. I then used the decorate overlay on the designer paper tag and adhered the designer paper tag over the red tag.

I die cut the snowdrift from the Outdoor Edges die set from white card/Double Sided Adhesive Paper and then applied Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over the top of the die cut piece. This was then adhered to the bottom of the tag.

I die cut the Season’s Greetings Stand Up Helper from green card and added it to the bottom of the tag.

i added the 5 Part Pine which has been covered using Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter. I added Red/Gold Glitter Dots and Gold/Silver Glitter Dots to the finished tree. Finally I added some ribbon to the top part of the tag and then layered it to a card.

ECDTreeTag2wm

I like to decorate the inside of my card while I am creating my card and this is what I did for the inside of this card.

Thanks for stopping by, don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog where you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Stamps: Sentiment – Verses Rubber Stamps
Paper: White; Red; Pink; Holly Lane DP – Wild Rose Studio
ECD Dies: Tags & More 1; 5 Part Pine; Season’s Greetings Stand Up Helper; Outdoor Edges (designed by Karen Burniston)
Other ECD Products: Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter; Double Sided Adhesive Paper; Red/Gold Glitter Dots; Gold/Silver Glitter Dots

#aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Mary Dimercurio Prasad said...

Nice projects! I especially like the coloring on the bird tag.

Joset said...

Beautiful projects Frances! Joset

Rita Edwards - Edwards Design said...

They are beautiful projects, Frances!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what great holiday projects....done and ready to go

purplemel said...

Beautiful and thanks for the inspiration