It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today. For my project today I have used a few of the new dies which are being release on the 9th January. The sentiments and Love Birds are part of Els van de Burgt Studio Valentine Collection, and the decorative background I used on my card is actually a Lace Pocket from a new Designer called Moda Scrap, this die can be used in so many ways not just for creating pocket cards.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock that measures 5 11/16 (14.5cm) x 10 7/8 inches. Score along the long side at 5 1/8 inch.
- Using the main die from the Oval Pull Card die set, centre the centre nubs of the die on the fold in the card and run through die cutting machine.
2. Using the ModaScrap Lace Pocket die cut twice using gold cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- Attach one complete Lace Pocket panel to the right hand side of the card.
- Cut the other panel down so that it fits the left side of the card and adhere to card as per photo above.
- Finish off the right hand side of the card by adding a 1/4 inch strip of gold cardstock to the edge.
3. Using the largest oval from the Oval Pull Card die set, die cut an oval using gold cardstock. Adhere to the oval on the front of the card.
- Die cut Lovebirds from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Color Lovebirds die cut using Copic markers.
- Adhere Lovebirds to the gold oval on front of card.
- Adhere a Black Prill to the eyes of both Lovebirds.
4. Using the oval dies from the Oval Pull Card, die cut the larger oval from gold cardstock and the smaller oval from white cardstock. Attach to the oval section which appears when the card is "pulled" open.
5. Using the Love Sentiments, die cut "I Love You" and "XOXO" from gold cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back.
- Adhere sentiments to card using photo above as a guide.
6. Add Gold/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to the centre of the closure tab at the top of the card. and also in the centre decoration of the Lace Pocket panels.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - White; Gold
Die Cutting Machine