Friday, August 18, 2017

Merry Christmas


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am excited to share with you a Christmas card I created using Karen Burniston's new Christmas Tree Pop-Up die set. I love how easy this tree was to create and make. I love how Karen provides videos and PDF files on her website to help us with the construction of all her cards. 


To decorate my card I added gold glittered snowflakes from the Winter Charms die set along the right hand side of the card. On the top left hand corner of the card I added a Christmas sentiment using the Word Set 3 - Holiday die set which is layered onto the rectangle panels from the Twist Panel Pop-Up Card set. I cut both of the rectangles (scalloped and rounded corner in half so that I could create a narrower panel for my sentiment.


Here is an overhead shot of my card so you can see all the elements a little better.


Here is a close up of the Christmas Tree, I used the ornament die included in the die set, to die cut the ornaments from gold and burgundy cardstock and then covered the ornaments using Nuvo Drop before adding the ornaments to the tree.



Here is a look at my card as it is closing, you can see how the tree twists towards the back of the card. 





As the focal point of this card is the inside, I have kept the front of the card very simple, repeating part of the inside on the outside.



In case you missed it, last week Karen Burniston announced her new Design Team for 2017 on her blog. I am so excited to be asked to be on her team and love that I will be working will all these fabulous designers again.

Supplies:






Paper: Red; Green; Gold; Letters to Santa Paper Pack - Docrafts/Papermania
Other: Desert Gold Silk Microfine Glitter - ECD; Nuvo Bright Gold Crystal Drops; Nuvo Autumn Red Crystal Drops; Foam Tape








2 comments:

jojot said...

I can't even imagine how this tree pops out....all I kkknow is that it is extraordinary

Karen Aicken said...

This looks amazing - love it!