Saturday, August 26, 2017

You Color My World


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Raquel Mason our challenge hostess for the month finishes off her month with one last challenge.

Back to School - All the summer fun has come to an end for teachers and students. Let's make a card to help cheer someone up, any cheerful theme or image will do.


I decided to take the opportunity to create a teacher thank you card. I need a few for my grandchildren's teachers for the end of year.
I have seen lots of rainbows around the place lately so I decided to also create a rainbow card. I started by using a border from My Favorite Things, my Stampers Anonymous Stamping Platform and Distress Oxide inks to create my background in rainbow order. 
I have been wanting to use my old Pop 'N Cuts dies a little bit more, so I also pulled out the Thanks insert and the Square with Ornate Edge die to create the pop up part of my card. I tried a few ways to add the letters "Thanks"  to the top of the pop up which I didn't like until I decided to use the same inks as I had for the background to create the rainbow "thanks" ... much better. 
I added the sentiment and crayons from Lawn Fawn's Color My World stamp set.

Here is another look at the inside of my card, taken at a different angle so you can see the pop up part of the card a little better.

For the front of my card I added another rainbow background that I created with the border stamp and added the #1 teacher from Papertrey Ink and a few more crayons.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Stamps: LLD Border It Mod Borders - MFT Stamps; Color My World - Lawn Fawn
Paper: White; Black; Red; Yellow
Dies: Sizzix Square with Ornate Edge Pop 'N Cuts;  Sizzix Thanks Insert; Sizzix Thanks Sizzlet; Wonderful Words Teacher - Papertrey Ink
Distress Oxides: Candied Apple; Spiced Marmalade; Wild Honey; Twisted Citron; Broken China; Faded Jeans; Wilted Violet
Other: Black Ink; Stampers Anonymous Stamping Platform; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape - ECD; Copics




2 comments:

jojot said...

wonderful teacher card....great colors and patterns

Karen Aicken said...

Awesome card - love your colours here.